I need stream/video IDEAS!

Post about Let's plays and streams.
Reinard-kun
Inserter
Inserter

I need stream/video IDEAS!

Post by Reinard-kun »

Good morning/afternoon/evening, ladies and gentlemen (or any other creatures that managed to find this post)! I have a story to tell. I love Factorio and I think it's a great game. I want more people to know about it, more specifically those people who do not speak english but speak my language - russian. My plan is to post-commentate sped-up stream footage in russian while having an original stream in english. So one and only thing I need is a good concept, an idea behind the stream/videos. All those hard modes are quite boring, different engineering deviations (like playing with no solar/ no conveyor belts/ no construction bots) are relatively annoying in terms of tempo and unnecessary delays and/or disfunctions. So I want YOU to give me some ideas, anything you can imagine, that is not too boring and haven't been done everywhere in every possible way. Thank you for reading this mess, hope you understood what I was trying to tell ^^"
Sincerely yours, Reinard.

Here's a link to the stream, if you'd like to join me sometimes: http://www.twitch.tv/reinardkuroi
I streamed mostly KSP and LoL, now I just play random stuff. Will play factorio in semi-regular basis, probably once a week.

Reinard-kun
Inserter
Inserter

Re: I need stream/video IDEAS!

Post by Reinard-kun »

Oh goddammit thats a wrong forum thread... I'm blind and stupid. Abandon ship, delete the topic ect.
Rational thinking is awesome, except if you're dealing with women.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Hm, it can stay. :) Moved to videos.

hitzu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hitzu »

Как насчёт такой идеи: как можно скорее изучить поезда, для каждой производственной линии строить свой завод и соединять заводы лишь железной дорогой и электричеством.

Ограничения: Автомобили, танки, поезда и вагоны должны собираться на ассемблерах и устанавливаться в непосредственной близости от них. Нельзя убирать авто и танки после их установки в мир, нельзя снимать поезда и вагоны с рельс, но можно маневрировать, расцеплять и сцеплять составы (кнопки V и G соответственно), можно разворачивать локомотивы копкой R.

Настройки карты на своё усмотрение.

ENG
What about this: researching railway as soon as possible, building separate individual factories for every assembly line, connect them via rail lines and power lines only.

Restrictions: you cannot craft any transport manually, you must place them as close as possible to their assembler machine. You cannot take back any vehicle after placing it into the world. But you can make maneuvres, attach and detach wagons (G and V buttons) and turn locomotives around (R button).

Map settings are up to you.
Last edited by hitzu on Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Reinard-kun
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Reinard-kun »

I was a bit impatient and recorded 2.5 hours of footage in hard mode world, so I don't think that messing around with immovable trains/cars will be possible... But I definitely can have trains as a core of my factory! After I get laser turrets. Yeah. Biters munching their way through train systems is one of the most annoying things for me.
Rational thinking is awesome, except if you're dealing with women.

Return to “Videos”