[1.1.104] LuaMapSettings and LuaDifficultySettings have `help` as a string, not a function

Things that we don't consider worth fixing at this moment.
BurninSun
Inserter
Inserter

[1.1.104] LuaMapSettings and LuaDifficultySettings have `help` as a string, not a function

Post by BurninSun »

It seems every Lua object has a .help function which, when called, returns a string displaying the names of its methods and attributes.

The Lua objects LuaMapSettings and LuaDifficultySettings have .help defined not as a function but as the string itself containing that information. Those should likely be defined as a function to return that string instead of the string itself, same as other Lua objects' version of .help.

(Yes, I'm aware that what I'm doing is dumb and cursed and will never see the light of day and I wouldn't be surprised if .help disappeared tomorrow and no one noticed. I'm simply reporting it because I found it strange.)

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.104] LuaMapSettings and LuaDifficultySettings have `help` as a string, not a function

Post by boskid »

Thanks for the report. `help` for LuaStruct is not documented and i do not really care because `help` call is already gone from all objects for 2.0 since we have lua-api docs. That is a wont-fix.

Return to “Won't fix.”