[0.12.32] crash when sound output change (probably)

Things that we don't consider worth fixing at this moment.
StanFear
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.12.32] crash when sound output change (probably)

Post by StanFear »

Ok, I was playing with my bluetooth headset, then the game crashed, pretty much at the same moment where my computer changed the output for sound (no more battery in my headset -> sound output through my computer's speakers) if this is not the reason of the crash, I have no idea what could be since I wasn't doing much else other than playing ...

here is the log file:
factorio-current.log
(15.91 KiB) Downloaded 81 times

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.12.32] crash when sound output change (probably)

Post by TruePikachu »

DirectSound is crashing with an access violation, so it is definitly related to the sound config changing. Probably what happened was the handle to the device became invalid when it was disconnected, but I don't work with DirectX enough to know for sure.

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by TruePikachu »

Unable to reproduce on 0.12.31; AMD graphics on Windows 7, with "force-opengl=false". No crashes either at the menu or in the game, tested with both a Bluetooth device and disabling the builtin hardware on here.

StanFear
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by StanFear »

Actually, I think my headphone is a bit weird, when it shut down, it doesn't automatically tell the computer to change output device, I usually have to pause (when I use one) the external player I use and restart it (Spotify in this case) to make my computer realize something changed
The ways the headset works is kinda weird and it might be the reason you couldn't reproduce ? next time my headphones' battery dies, I'll try to reproduce the bug too!

also, the bug happened for me with 0.12.32, maybe a change in the release made the bug possible?

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

I'm sorry, but this is too system/computer specific to be worth the time to solve it.

StanFear
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by StanFear »

kovarex wrote:I'm sorry, but this is too system/computer specific to be worth the time to solve it.
ok, no problems, just reporting bugs as they come !

Return to “Won't fix.”