[0.13.3] [Exploit?] Farming Delivery Service Achievement

Things that we don't consider worth fixing at this moment.
KeyszerS
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.13.3] [Exploit?] Farming Delivery Service Achievement

Post by KeyszerS »

I'm reporting this as an exploit because technically, it is - but I don't know if there is anything that can be done to prevent it from being exploited. Additionally, this exploit gives no player an advantage over another, so it's not really important.

The "Delivery Service" achievement requires you to deliver 10K items to your player. This is quite a lot of items - and generally you don't have stuff delivered to yourself, you have it delivered to requester chests.

I've discovered that with this setup:

You can throw away items that you're requesting - for example, this:

And the bots remove the items from my person to the closest logistics chest, and then return them to me immediately, increasing my delivery count. Note how my tracked achievement has increased by .1K (100 items).

Repeat, until achievement done.

Again, I can't see how this can be prevented. Perhaps a boolean flag on each item like __HasBeenThrownAway so if the item is returned to the player, it doesn't count towards the achievement?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.13.3] [Exploit?] Farming Delivery Service Achievement

Post by Rseding91 »

It's an achievement - you don't earn money or get some massive reward if you cheese them :)

There's always ways to get around the "normal" method of unlocking them if you so wanted to.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Won't fix.”