[0.13.15] main window height

Things that we don't consider worth fixing at this moment.
binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[0.13.15] main window height

Post by binbinhfr »

Hi,

not a real bug, but rather an annoyance :

with some mods that have a lot of recipes in their group/subgroups (like dark-matter-replicators_0.6.2 for example), the height of the recipe window (apparently imposed by this hungry mod) is a bit too much, and the main window is hidding part of the top toolbar and also quickbar if it has bonus slots. Would it be possible to take top toolbar and quickbar real heights into account ?

example :
bug-height-hidden.jpg
bug-height-hidden.jpg (401.03 KiB) Viewed 1498 times
My mods on the Factorio Mod Portal :geek:

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.13.15] main window height

Post by Rseding91 »

I don't see an easy way to solve that. What if the "top" GUI items are 3/4th the window height? There's no solution to the issue that doesn't break under other setups.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Zeblote
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zeblote »

Rseding91 wrote:I don't see an easy way to solve that. What if the "top" GUI items are 3/4th the window height? There's no solution to the issue that doesn't break under other setups.
Why not just make this window resizeable (and while you're at it, do that for all windows) so people can chose how they want it to be?

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

resizable would be fine, with a memory of the size si that the next time we reopen it, it will keep the modified size.

for the top toolbar, you could supposed that it is at least 1 row height. That's the usual thing.
I notieced that you did it for the quickbar : you apparantly supposed that it could be 2 rows height.
My mods on the Factorio Mod Portal :geek:

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Zeblote wrote:
Rseding91 wrote:I don't see an easy way to solve that. What if the "top" GUI items are 3/4th the window height? There's no solution to the issue that doesn't break under other setups.
Why not just make this window resizeable (and while you're at it, do that for all windows) so people can chose how they want it to be?
Because it's not that simple and our GUI system doesn't support resizing/reflowing as you would resize.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Won't fix.”