Factorio 0.14.7 multiplayer lags over LAN

Things that we don't consider worth fixing at this moment.
factoriouzr
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Factorio 0.14.7 multiplayer lags over LAN

Post by factoriouzr »

Playing on LAN and every about 1-3 minutes my character will start walking really slow, the robots will move really slowly and the whole game slows down significantly for about 5-10 seconds and then speeds back up again. This does not happen during a save but during gameplay. Both the server and client experience the slowness. It also happens at what seems like a fairly regular interval. This did not happen at all in the previous versions (eg. 0.13). The game was much smoother over LAN and internet play (direct ip).

Great work on the multiplayer rewrite guys, great achievement to have hundreds of players in game, but this consistent lag even in a LAN game with one 2 players is really annoying. Please fix as it really detracts from the gaming experience.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Factorio 0.14.7 multiplayer lags over LAN

Post by Rseding91 »

Please upload the log file and save game you're using.

If possible, during the slowdown use the F4 menu and show the debug times and take a screenshot of that.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

factoriouzr
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by factoriouzr »

Provided requested information. Can't post screenshot because haven't played multiplayer since. Hopefully this helps and you are able to get to the bottom of this issue quickly.
Attachments
02-09.zip
(13.71 MiB) Downloaded 79 times
factorio-current.log
(9.16 KiB) Downloaded 85 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

factoriouzr wrote:Provided requested information. Can't post screenshot because haven't played multiplayer since. Hopefully this helps and you are able to get to the bottom of this issue quickly.
There is not a single entry between the peer joining and leaving FYI.

factoriouzr
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by factoriouzr »

Loewchen wrote:
factoriouzr wrote:Provided requested information. Can't post screenshot because haven't played multiplayer since. Hopefully this helps and you are able to get to the bottom of this issue quickly.
There is not a single entry between the peer joining and leaving FYI.
Yeah it looked weird to me too, but I didn't add the logging.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

I strongly suggest checking the mods, some of them is probably causing that, check the script update times when it happens.

factoriouzr
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by factoriouzr »

kovarex wrote:I strongly suggest checking the mods, some of them is probably causing that, check the script update times when it happens.
Thanks for the reply kovarex,

These are the same mods I used before, I just literally updated the version of factorio they depend on, aside from public mods which I updated through the factorio mods user interface. I was thinking it might be a change someone made to their mod that I'm using but that's hard to debug without disabling the mods and starting a new game and playing for hours with someone else who also wants to start a new game unless I can easily get these script update times you are talking about in my current game and easily identify which mod is causing the issue. How would I see the script update times?

Also I know this isn't the place to ask for this, but would it be possible to get the blueprint sharing feature (just locally between games, not the full blown solution you guys talked about (which I like BTW)) in 0.14.x? I have been waiting a long time for this feature since I first bought factorio and I tried the bluprint string type mods out there but they are just too cumbersome.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

factoriouzr wrote:Also I know this isn't the place to ask for this, but would it be possible to get the blueprint sharing feature (just locally between games, not the full blown solution you guys talked about (which I like BTW)) in 0.14.x? I have been waiting a long time for this feature since I first bought factorio and I tried the bluprint string type mods out there but they are just too cumbersome.
No, we would never close 0.14 this way.

Return to “Won't fix.”