[0.14.20] Crash (Unexpected error occurred.)

Things that we don't consider worth fixing at this moment.
DilgoElisa
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.14.20] Crash (Unexpected error occurred.)

Post by DilgoElisa »

While playing on a bigger (+100 hours played) and slightly modded singleplayer save, the game (seemingly) randomly crashed, noting "Unexpected error occurred". It might has happend just before an autosave - the dialog for the autosave hasn't shown, but there is a save file with "tmp" in it's name...
My best guess is, that it has to do with my rather old laptop: Windows 10, 32 bit system; 2,4 GHz processor; 4 GB RAM (3,46 unseable); integrated grafic card (Intel chipset 4 series) with no VRAM.
The game was still running at 20-30 fps and almost 60 ups (i have these numbers showing on my screen). Only when fighting the game struggles and drops to 10 fps. But at the time of the crash I wasn't fighting and everything seemd to be ok.
Attached are 2 save files, the log file and the mod list.
Attachments
_autosave2.tmp.zip
last (incomplete?) save
(955.55 KiB) Downloaded 88 times
_autosave1.zip
last successful save
(26.17 MiB) Downloaded 81 times
mod-list.json
mods used
(924 Bytes) Downloaded 78 times
factorio-current.log
current log after crash
(11.25 KiB) Downloaded 93 times

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.14.20] Crash (Unexpected error occurred.)

Post by posila »

It is very well possible the game ran out of memory. Unfortunately stack trace in the log is not symbolized, so I can't quickly tell where it crashed.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

It definitely ran out of memory as it was trying to allocate buffers during saving. Same as 33041

You can reduce memory usage little bit by setting graphics quality to low or very low.
RailTanker adds wagon type with new graphics, that costs lots of memory. If you remove it, or change it to use tinted vanilla wagon graphics instead, it will give the game couple of dozen more megabytes to work with.

And try not to explore your map much further if not necessary.

DilgoElisa
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by DilgoElisa »

Thanks for your help! So far lowering the grafic settings did the trick. (And soon I will get a new and better laptop. Yay!)

Return to “Won't fix.”