Filled Steam Cloud Storage makes Patch Notes keep appearing[1.1.1]

Things that we don't consider worth fixing at this moment.
Taoh
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Filled Steam Cloud Storage makes Patch Notes keep appearing[1.1.1]

Post by Taoh »

I had a filled Steam Cloud Storage, with 1.1.0 this started causing a warning on startup, along with patch notes not disappearing. (Did not sync updated user file).

Even turning Cloud Storage off did not help with the issue of the warning.

I fixed it by copying my saves, and deleting most in game and then perform a resync.

---

I would be nice if:

*Files to cloud storage is prioritsed so Settings first -> Blueprints -> Save Files, so important files are kept updated.
*Additionally under your save files you have an option to manually select if you want the files in the cloud storage or not.

As I would like my save files to not be synced, but I would like my settings/blueprints to be.

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Filled Steam Cloud Storage makes Patch Notes keep appearing[1.1.1]

Post by posila »

As we have it setup now, save files are synced by Steam automatically and we don't have control over syncing individual save files (or all of them for that matter), nor which files get priority. It could be changed but it is quite large undertaking, especially due to us already using one system for a long time and having available multiple versions of the game, so I don't know how we would change it without potentially screwing over saves of people running stable version. We might figure something out in the future, but I think it's out of scope of just fixing bugs.

viewtopic.php?p=521880#p521880

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Filled Steam Cloud Storage makes Patch Notes keep appearing[1.1.1]

Post by posila »

What you can do, though, is to edit config.ini to change path to your saves folder.
For example: into [path] section, add line (under write-data=... line)

Code: Select all

saves=__PATH__system-write-data__/unsynced_saves

Return to “Won't fix.”