PvP/Co-Op Related features

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Grossen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

PvP/Co-Op Related features

Post by Grossen »

Since the developers showed interest in PvP I was thinking that a few features required by that development could find themselves used for Co-Op.
As it stands, to avoid griefing servers permanently need an admin to kick players but that's not enough since they can do a lot of damage in a short amount of time, I suggest adding a series of changes to improve the security of a base (especially if nuclear power-plants can blow up :? )

- Factions and ranks to be able to group players
- The ability to limit access to research/items within a faction by rank (for example restrict the ability to make grenades/ to certain groups of players)
- The ability to restrict certain areas to avoid tampering, (implement an gate access mechanism based on rank/keycards\passcodes)
- Lmit access bydefining certain zones that trigger alarms or allow turrets to shoot intruders if rules are broken (destroy/remove building for example)
- Add the ability to reinforce certain structures like walls to double their Hp and make them time to pick them up 10x longer
- Implement a tool (deconstructor) that ignores the extra time required to pick buildings up, together with the item/research mechanic this can avoid abuse.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: PvP/Co-Op Related features

Post by ssilk »

Some of the points I do understand, but what sense does it make to improve walls?
I mean: The targeted cases are questionable for some of the suggestions. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Grossen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Grossen »

I think this will allow players to better deal with greifers without admins and limit damage while also creating possibilities for other types of gameplay.
Structures need to be improved vs players because all your security is moot if someone can destroy or pick up your wall/building/turrets in 2 seconds.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Con: He still can use robots to deconstruct walls etc. It's a severe change in game-balance.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”