Automatically place blueprint items from inventory.

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

viveks711
Inserter
Inserter

Automatically place blueprint items from inventory.

Post by viveks711 »

Since blueprints are available long before construction robots, I think if we place a blueprint it should automatically place items available from inventory while running over it / have mouse cursor over it. It would make construction before bots come into play a lot more efficient.

nemostein
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Automatically place blueprint items from inventory.

Post by nemostein »

This would kill the personal roboport completely...
Instead, being able to place items only over blueprint, while preserving orientation, recipes & filters would make more sense gameplay wise...
"I'd say the main bottleneck is sleep." - AndrewIRL

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

Bluebuild
Allows blueprints to be used much earlier. Once a blueprint is placed, nearby entities will be auto-placed at 10/second so long as you have the objects in inventory and are standing still. Once items are marked for deconstruction, they will be auto-removed and put into inventory so long as you are standing still. Press b to toggle building, press n to toggle demolishing.
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Mylon/Bluebuild

viveks711
Inserter
Inserter

Post by viveks711 »

darkfrei wrote:Bluebuild
Allows blueprints to be used much earlier. Once a blueprint is placed, nearby entities will be auto-placed at 10/second so long as you have the objects in inventory and are standing still. Once items are marked for deconstruction, they will be auto-removed and put into inventory so long as you are standing still. Press b to toggle building, press n to toggle demolishing.
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Mylon/Bluebuild

Thank you, This is what I needed.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”