Construction Vehicle with Roboport

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Gandamir
Inserter
Inserter

Construction Vehicle with Roboport

Post by Gandamir »

TL;DR
Add a Construction Vehicle with a Roboport for automated construction.

What ?
I think a construction vehicle with a large inventory and a full roboport on it would make deploying large blueprints in remote areas easier. Stock it up on what you will need, drive out, and deploy.
Why ?
While personal Roboports do work for this, having a vehicle with expanded inventory (and logistics request capabilities) would simplify building when not expanding the Roboport network.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Construction Vehicle with Roboport

Post by bobingabout »

They added the abillity for mods to add an equipment grid to vehicles (Though it doesn't work on the fluid wagon), quite a few do, including my own. https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Bobingab ... eequipment

Though, you still need to equip the vehicle grid with a roboport.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

BHakluyt
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by BHakluyt »

I really hope equipment grids become part of vanilla with a few simple things for the vehicles like energy shields, batteries,solar, fusion reactors roboports, regenerative braking units, lazer turrets etc. I can only imagine that artillery trains will use grids with modules or perhaps it will be a train wagon/locomotive of its own with new graphics. Either way, please make vanilla items for vehicle grids since vehicle grids are already in the game (sort of.)

Gandamir
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Gandamir »

While mods may work, I play a lot with others so keeping mods in sync seems like a hassle to me. I feel this would be much better in the base game as it would solve both the construction and deconstruction (foresting) vehicles people have asked for.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”