Advanced Walls

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Stfrailey
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Advanced Walls

Post by Stfrailey »

I'm really surprised there hasn't been more talk of different levels of walls by now (unless I missed it). It seems to be one of the few items in the game that has no advancement options. I think at least a steel wall of some sort would make sense given the prevalence of steel usage in the game.

Roxor128
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Advanced Walls

Post by Roxor128 »

There's a mod called "Additional Turret" (I think) that adds a couple of new wall types, though they get unlocked with certain other technologies, rather than having dedicated research of their own. I never used any of them, and I don't remember what their properties were besides having an explosion-resistant one, which is really only needed if you have rocket or cannon turrets firing explosive ammo.

BHakluyt
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by BHakluyt »

I agree, please add advanced walls. Just a simple retexture of the current wall would be fine I think. Make ot a bit more mid game research. Use steel and concrete and make it very strong. Perhaps make the texture a bit lighter due to the concrete.

Tekky
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Tekky »

This has already been suggested in the following thread:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=41888 Iron/Steel/Wood Walls?

Also, this thread is related:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=46727 Upgrading Walls Research

Avezo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Avezo »

Personally I woldn't want advanced walls, but all kinds of defense bonuses to be put as an infinite resaearch. Right now it seems to be all about offense.

mophydeen
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mophydeen »

Avezo wrote:Personally I woldn't want advanced walls, but all kinds of defense bonuses to be put as an infinite resaearch. Right now it seems to be all about offense.
+1

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”