Circuit network connection for assembling machines and read needed materials

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Antilope
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Circuit network connection for assembling machines and read needed materials

Post by Antilope »

TL;DR
Enable assembling machines to be connected to circuit network, in order to read the needed materials.

What ?
Enable the possibility of connect the assembling machine to circuit network, in order to be able to read the material needed from the recipe. (not the missing materials, just the amount needed).
Why ?
It may permit to directly connect the assembler to an active chest (with a gain in the middle to create a buffer), in order to create the perfect crafting unit template. You place the template, select the recipe in the assemblers and nothing more, giving the possibility to massive expand the base with less efforts (if logistic network can sustain it).

Tekillaa
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Circuit network connection for assembling machines and read needed materials

Post by Tekillaa »

Hi,

I remember a thread asking for circuit network on assembler and silo..i can say +1 to this : it allows to make setting for input/output inserter too. It can be good as long the feature dont make ups issues.
It should be add in the game: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=67650 :)

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Circuit network connection for assembling machines and read needed materials

Post by Koub »

Yes, there are already suggestions for pretty much any building being able to input/output any kind of information to circuit network.
However, regarding materials, one can copy-paste the recipe of an assembling machine onto a requester chest, which can do the trick.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Tekillaa
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Tekillaa »

Koub wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:11 am
Yes, there are already suggestions for pretty much any building being able to input/output any kind of information to circuit network.
However, regarding materials, one can copy-paste the recipe of an assembling machine onto a requester chest, which can do the trick.
Car Process.jpg
Car Process.jpg (1.11 MiB) Viewed 1370 times
I don't use chest... and be able to set the recipe by circuit network can be good too. Process with car give me hard time to find the right way to make a ups friendly automation of input with the actual tools.
It should be add in the game: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=67650 :)

Darinth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Darinth »

This was actually on my list of things to come and suggest at some point. When I recently came back and did a modded playthrough, I was confused for a moment because I tried to do just this and it didn't work but I could've sworn that it worked before. Then I remembered that no, this doesn't work. What I did before was copy-paste the recipe from assembler to requester chest, not wire them up. The ability to wire them up would be fantastic.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”