Signal Tweak - Rail Separator

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Seru
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Signal Tweak - Rail Separator

Post by Seru »

It'd be really nice to have signals (or a different item) that simply works as rail separators, but not as signals. I mean, there may be trains on both side of it, but they wouldn't actually stop there, or move there if the path went through it and the other side was blocked. Train stations with ways to change tracks in multiple directions can cause micro blockades otherwise.

Below a screenshot edited a little with my pro paint skills to explain the situation I want to avoid.
Station.PNG
Station.PNG (625.29 KiB) Viewed 1310 times
Red Arrows for train movement direction
Green circles for spots where there's (maybe) a signal (only two of them actually have one, due to directional tracks), but where there could/should be a rail separator.

[Edit]Screenshot might be a bit misleading, just imagine the lower train to be still standing in the station unloading.

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Signal Tweak - Rail Separator

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

You need two more signals on bottom the rails that go to the top but in general is something like this not working build a circle and then it will work more reliable

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Signal Tweak - Rail Separator

Post by ssilk »

It is with block signals not possible to build such layouts! It is complicated to explain why, but once you understand it, you will see. :)

I'm not sure, but I think with pre/post-signals or with path signals this will work. At minimum pre/post signals is to my knowledge on the devs todo-list.

Please learn about how signals are working. It is a bit complex. Not the best, but a good start is https://forums.factorio.com/wiki/inde ... ock_signal
(See there also the links to OpenTTD wiki, which explains the mentioned signal types)
Or
https://forums.factorio.com/wiki/inde ... /Tutorials

To fix this now, I can only recommend to change from two-directional to one-directional, here build turns.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”