Controller and Keyboard Controls

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Jrdiver
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Controller and Keyboard Controls

Post by Jrdiver »

Would A checkbox instead of a toggle for if wants keyboard or controller or support make more sense?

Now that there is controller support, a couple of my friends and I were noticing that it was a toggle on which was active. When working with a pile of mods your left with needing to map a ton of bindings for the keyboard or controller mappings, and while doing primary controller, were finding certain things were easier on the opposite input, but swapping in settings disables the other.

TheNH813
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Controller and Keyboard Controls

Post by TheNH813 »

I agree. It would be more useful if the keyboard still worked when controller was selected. That way I could reach over and press a keyboard shortcut even if I'm mainly playing with a controller. A good example of that is if a function is either not yet mapped or I don't remember the controller keybind, or a mod doesn't work as well with it. Perhaps a checkbox could be addded to the controller settings to enable keyboard input in controller mode. That might be the easiest way to implement it in a manner that's out of the way for those who don't want both. Particularly for modded installs, such a feature would be very useful.
Last edited by TheNH813 on Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”