Mod Interface Keyboard Shortcuts / Using not only mouse for GUI interaction

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

StormTAG
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Mod Interface Keyboard Shortcuts / Using not only mouse for GUI interaction

Post by StormTAG »

Add keyboard shortcuts to the mod interface
When doing large changes to your mod list, you are currently required to use the mouse. It would be nice to be able to do this more precisely with the keyboard

What ?
  • A keybind to go up or down the current mod list. Probably either Up or Down arrow or Tab/Shit-Tab.
  • A keybind to enable/disable and/or install a given mod. Probably either Space Bar or Enter.
  • A keybind to delete a given mod, if on the manage screen. Probably delete.
Why ?
When making bulk-ish changes to the mod list, currently it requires relatively accurate mouse control. Enabling/disabling mods is relatively straight forward, since it can be done with one click per mod. However, "Down/Spacebar" or "Tab/Enter" would be faster and more accurate.

For deleting or installing, however, you're required to click the mod and then click again on a button on the other side of the page. For deleting large numbers of mods, this can be tedious.
Workaround
I would be remiss if I didn't offer a work around. If you are deleting a large number of mods (as I recently was) you can use your computer's file explorer to delete the relevant ZIP files directly from the mods directory.
Last edited by ssilk on Thu Jul 14, 2022 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edit title

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”