Suggestions for the expansion.

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Suggestions for the expansion.

Post by Xorimuth »

Saphira123456 wrote: ↑
Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:41 pm
Also, you're now on my foe list.
Saphira123456 wrote: Blocking me will only prove me right.
Oh the irony
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

Saphira123456
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Saphira123456 »

mmmPI wrote: ↑
Sat Oct 07, 2023 12:02 pm
Maybe a more appropriate title would be "The recycler should be available without the quality feature". Because that seem to me the request.

The recycler was announced as part of the quality feature, so wether or not you want the quality items , if you want the recycler you will need to activate the feature, while some players may find it useful to have the recycler for obsolete item, without the quality feature.

I can understand the argument because for one person it seems like asking for a another way to condition the mechanism in the expansion = not begging, just give the recycler not with the quality feature as a regular item if you have bought the expansion already what harm can it do ? let me enjoy the product the way i want, or express it on the forum.

But for another it seems like asking for the expansion content be available without the expansion ( for free despite hard work and plenty of already free upgrade during the last 10 years or so ) , as for the previously described purpose of recycling obsolete item mods already exists and it's not worth changing the expansion as envisionned for such niche case; As if all features presented in the FFF are to be made into vanilla factorio one by one, then there is no incentive for players to buy the expansion and for Wube to continue making good video games.

both strong point of view

i've been using mods personnally https://mods.factorio.com/mod/reverse-factory .

I think it's too early to suggest things for the expansion. In the FFF with the space platform there were some sort of crushers entity, maybe it can get rid of obsolete item in less-recycling-friendly way, crushing everything into elemental bits or iron copper and stone.

The real trouble (imo) with the reverse-factory mod is that sometimes with some mods adding high productivity you can create positive loop generating things out of recycling, with the changes of productivity and research announced in the FFF there may be unforeseen consequences to split the recycler away from the quality feature.
Yes, that would have been a better title, removing the recycler from the quality mechanic and allowing its' use in the base game, without the expansion.

And I also use the reverse factory mod to get rid of obsolete items like burners.
I am dragonkin and proud of it. If you don't like furries or dragons, tough.

Blocking me will only prove me right.

I love trains, I love aircraft, I love space, I love Factorio.

Saphira123456
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Saphira123456 »

TheKillerChicken wrote: ↑
Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:02 am
I always wanted a recycler, but that is what a modifier is for. I hate putting depreciated items into crates and destroying them. I recycle my boilers and burner drills and furnaces with a mod. I have to admit, I think Satisfactory when it comes to resources. Sure Satisfactory is an infinite resource pool, but I still try to recycle there with modifiers. I also do not understand why the OP is being attacked. Can't we all just get along and be happy? They made a valid request about a recycler.
Thank you. As for myself I try to pollute as little as possible and be as green as possible for several reasons, such as preventing attacks from biters. The more I recycle, the less I have to destroy the environment, the less wrath I receive from the biters, and the less I have to move my base.

Reduce, reuse, recycle: That's the name of the game for me, both in Factorio and in real life. I give a hoot, so I don't pollute!

Additionally, when playing a game with biters disabled, your guns don't work so you can't shoot the things you put in crates.

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:18 pm
Additionally, when playing a game with biters disabled, your guns don't work so you can't shoot the things you put in crates.
Wrong.

Saphira123456
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Saphira123456 »

Qon wrote: ↑
Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:34 am
Wrong.

Having verified this personally, I disagree.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Sun Oct 22, 2023 2:20 am
Wrong.

Having also personally verified, I can without a doubt say that in your case either a) something is broken with your install, b) you have a mod enabled that is affecting this, or c) you're doing something wrong. Having biters disabled does not affect your ability to use the weapons.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles | New Gear Girl & HR Graphics

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

Wrong.
Wrong.
You haven't verified this. Maybe you think you did or you are a liar. You trying and failing to shoot in a world without biters doesn't prove anything. If you can't shoot you just know that, it doesn't prove it has any connection to games without biters just because that was where you ran your "tests". You would have to run the same test in a world with biters instead first, to show that you actually know how to shoot crates in the first place. Also you should do the test without your mods.

I knew when I read your completely wrong post that it was not possibly correct. I still verified that it is possible by starting a new world without any natives and shooting some shots, in case there was the 0.01% chance that some weird bug would connect two completely unrelated parts of the game. Well I had no issues shooting the crates. So the issue here is you, not the game.

[Moderated by Koub : unnecessarily contemptuous]

ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ickputzdirwech »

Could we all try to make friendly (!) and helpful (for example by providing detailed reproduction steps) comments instead of pretty much harassing people over this small matter? Thank you! :)

What came to mind when I read Saphiras comment was the different behaviour of the "shoot enemy" and the "shoot selected" controls.

While "shoot enemy" (default key is "space") only targets biters and alike, "shoot selected" (default key is "C") targets whatever entity you are currently pointing at.

See the wiki for more information: https://wiki.factorio.com/Controls#Basic_interaction
Mods: Shortcuts for 1.1, ick's Sea Block, ick's vanilla tweaks
Tools: Atom language pack
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.
- A reminder for me and all who read what I write

Illiander42
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Illiander42 »

ickputzdirwech wrote: ↑
Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:15 pm
Could we all try to make friendly (!) and helpful (for example by providing detailed reproduction steps) comments instead of pretty much harassing people over this small matter? Thank you! :)
They're not doing themself any favours with their attitude here. (Not saying I've been great, but "foe list"?)

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

ickputzdirwech wrote: ↑
Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:15 pm
What came to mind when I read Saphiras comment was the different behaviour of the "shoot enemy" and the "shoot selected" controls.

While "shoot enemy" (default key is "space") only targets biters and alike, "shoot selected" (default key is "C") targets whatever entity you are currently pointing at.

See the wiki for more information: https://wiki.factorio.com/Controls#Basic_interaction
I thought of this too, but ultimately didn't mention it because when shooting chests, you need to press "C" regardless of if biters are enabled or not. And as they've mentioned shooting chests before, I figured they knew this.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles | New Gear Girl & HR Graphics

Saphira123456
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Saphira123456 »

Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:45 am
Wrong.
Extremely rude and contemptuous text
Can somebody ban this Qon guy already?

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:11 am
[Koub] I won't as of now. But I will keep moderating what I find excessive. If my moderation is deemed too permissive, it's OK, these things are very subjective, feel free to ignore (add as foe) whoever you like. Bans are issued when TOS rules are obviously broken, or only as a last resort, when calm can't be kept.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:11 am
Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:45 am
Wrong.
Extremely rude and contemptuous text
Me telling you that you are wrong is not abusive (TOS) and while you might feel it is rude, saying it is extremely rude is an exaggeration. You can be wrong, it's ok. You don't need to call for bans, that doesn't prove that you are right. That's even more extreme than blocking someone:
Saphira123456 wrote:Blocking me will only prove me right.
Calling for bans for someone not breaking TOS seems worse than extremely rude behavior to me. But I wouldn't call it abusive, I trust the moderators to not ban me for saying that you are wrong. And I don't really value your opinion on me, but if you want me to put more effort into helping you then your effort into detailing what you have tried would be more convincing.

I don't even expect you to admit that you are wrong. Just focus on the topic and let's move on:

So, did you try pressing the correct keybind? Did it work?
Just load the save without mods and test shooting a crate there to make sure it's not a mod issue.

Return to β€œIdeas and Suggestions”