Lock moving of blueprints only on vertical or horizontal axis with modifier key.

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Saippuakauppias
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Lock moving of blueprints only on vertical or horizontal axis with modifier key.

Post by Saippuakauppias »

TL;DR

What ?
Aligning blueprints can sometimes be difficult especially on big screens. It would be much easier if normal drawing program functionality: locking direction is implemented.

f.ex. if I want to copy something and want it to be exactly same vertical position but move it only horizontally I can select what I want, press and hold modifier key and now direction where my mouse first moves is locked and I cannot accidentally move blueprint vertically.
Why ?
I believe that there must be others who suffer that 'one tile off' syndrome. This kind of functionality is already implemented on belt placement and it works great.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Lock moving of blueprints only on vertical or horizontal axis with modifier key.

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Huh. Me, I typically either use the Snap to Grid -> Relative options on the blueprint and set the Grid Size according to the spacing that I want, or I just don't use the mouse and instead use wasd to move myself or the map view accordingly.

Not against the suggestion, but just wanted to put that out there as I don't much see the point/need for it, either. Similar to the new belt mechanic.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles | New Gear Girl & HR Graphics

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Lock moving of blueprints only on vertical or horizontal axis with modifier key.

Post by Koub »

FuryoftheStars wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:57 pm
Huh. Me, I typically either use the Snap to Grid -> Relative options on the blueprint and set the Grid Size according to the spacing that I want, or I just don't use the mouse and instead use wasd to move myself or the map view accordingly.
Same for me when I care about "placing a tileable blueprint". The only issue I have with that is I spend a considerable amount of time finding the right values., especially when I want custom anchor point, and blueprints with exotic shapes.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”