Include the "Even Distribution" mod in the base game

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Danjen
Inserter
Inserter

Include the "Even Distribution" mod in the base game

Post by Danjen »

I consider this to be a huge QoL improvement over the base game, and since the expansion is on its way and they've put significant focus on improving the user experience, I think it would be a good fit.

Currently, when you hold ctrl and drag the mouse button over a container/building, it will put half of the stack into the first object, then half of that into the second etc, like 200 -> 100 -> 50 -> 25 -> 12 -> 6 -> 3 -> 2 -> 1. For example, when using this to fill up furnaces early game, what tends to happen is that the first ones get a ton of fuel, and the further ones end up with much less, and then you have to micromanage it to make sure things run smoothly (I mostly play marathon/challenge runs so this is just extra busywork for me)

With the mod, you hold ctrl, then move over all the objects you want to add to, then it splits it up evenly. Eg, 200 -> 25, 25, 25, 25, 25, 25, 25, 25

Illiander42
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Include the "Even Distribution" mod in the base game

Post by Illiander42 »

Why not throw auto-fill turrets in as well if you're going to do that?

Manual distribution only matters for the first 20 mins or so, after that you're running on belts and inserters and shouldn't be playing logi bot anymore.

Danjen
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Danjen »

Illiander42 wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:14 am
Why not throw auto-fill turrets in as well if you're going to do that?

Manual distribution only matters for the first 20 mins or so, after that you're running on belts and inserters and shouldn't be playing logi bot anymore.
As I mentioned, I tend to play marathon games, often with longer science. Those "first 20 minutes" can sometimes take several hours

Vulkandrache
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Vulkandrache »

I had to use this mod once since my friend insisted on having it in our multiplayer.
I still do not understand what its supposed to be useful for.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Vulkandrache wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:07 am
I still do not understand what its supposed to be useful for.
Very early game, when one has to handfeed equally a series of machines (furnaces most notably), but lacks the stuff to feed those machines half or a full stack (most probably coal), this mods allows to insert X items exactly into all the machines at once.

Also very useful for feeding a bunch of turrets with a handful of magazines in two clicks :
plonk a line of turrets, select them, add 5 ammos to each is merely 5 clicks
plonking the same amount of turrets and setting up even a crappy local semi automation with a chest is a real clickfest.

In standard games, even distribution has very limited added value, but I can understand in very slow gameplay styles (marathon), and maybe deathworld (you want to minimize pollution, therefore production), avoiding building stuff early on means avoid pollution early on, it can prove useful for a longer time.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Illiander42
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Illiander42 »

If you don't have enough for half stacks, then hold "Z" and do a few swipes. It doesn't take that long.

Deathworld/low-pollution wouldn't have multiple machines.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”