Placing roboports like a pole man!

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

bluewilson
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Placing roboports like a pole man!

Post by bluewilson »

Hi.

Why shouldn't placing roboports at max range apply to roboports as well, like it does with power poles? In not very few situations, placing a roboport next to the last one (which is just a ghost, and doesn't show it's logistic range) is a chance game, unless you go back, hover the roboport over the ghost and make not of what tree or branch it is bordering, and then align the next there (but then you potentially misalign it).

So, in short, I need roboport coverage from base to the outer walls, I grab a stack, place one, and start running, and they go down in perfect distance. Another lovely Wube QoL.

P.S. Yes, blueprinting works, and a perfect robo grid is often great, but in a hectic, biter heavy game, where things just need to go fast, this would be lovely.

wobbycarly
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Placing roboports like a pole man!

Post by wobbycarly »

While I can see the merit of your suggestion, there are plenty of times one wishes to saturate an area with roboports (eg, around an unload station) and not being able to "tile" them would be annoying. Given roboports are regular placeable items - like assembly machines, furnaces - I think the current behaviour is relevant. One could also ask about placing radars at max reach distance, but there are some times it's worthwhile to tile them to increase scanning speed.

If this was to be implemented, it would have to be with a modifier key, and the default behaviour that which it is now.

bluewilson
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Placing roboports like a pole man!

Post by bluewilson »

I agree. Better to have it act as a building, by default, than as a power pole. Key mapping would be the way to go. Just thought I'd drop it in there.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”