Make It Easier To See Damaged Walls

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

azoundria
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Make It Easier To See Damaged Walls

Post by azoundria »

The problem I am having is that any walls which are behind another object (for example a wall that is two deep, as is basically required to defend against the new biters) do not show any sign of damage. In order to see that they are damaged, you must hover over them, each, one by one. I suggest a change of colour on the picture, or the appearance of visible cracks (which can be clearly seen from the top of the wall).

There also is a weird bug where if you are holding a piece of wall in your hand, it shows full health, even if they are damaged. Which means I have to repeatedly deselect the wall in order to check, then reselect it to repair the wall.

It takes a long time to repair a tiny amount of damage. I feel that placing new wall over old wall should work the same as replacing types of chests or inserters, unless the enemy is presently at that wall.

Finally, the attacks show that buildings are being damaged and the quantity, but I see no indication of direction or which building is being damaged. It mentions to look at the map, but there is no clue there. (Except if the enemy is already on the screen.) I would recommend having little arrows at the side of the screen to show the direction of current attacks. For example, if an attack is to the northeast, a red arrow in the top right corner pointing to where you are being attacked.

Nirahiel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Make It Easier To See Damaged Walls

Post by Nirahiel »

Check the map ! Not the minimap.
Press M :)

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”