Variable weather climate.

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Pohybel
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Variable weather climate.

Post by Pohybel »

Factorio planet is most quietest planet in the galaxy, i think it should by Added weather effects such as:

1) Snow that falling in large space of time, and changing all terrain treads to white, water should freeze, and player should be able to walk on ice in this winter time.

2) Rain like a normal rain falling from time to time.

3) Heavy rain the denser and loss some visibility.

4) Thunderstorm with or without heavy rain, environment should slightly dark, lightning should from time to time to destroy some object that does not have a roof. (In thunderstorm time lamp should be switch on. )

5) Tornado with or without heavy rain, and thunderstorm destroy some object that does not have a roof.

6) Roof visible only at a maximum distance in low distance every couple few blocks, you should see the roof column take one block. ( In this places you can not put anything. )
Under roof rain not falling snow to, thunder and tornado can't destroy objects.

TuckJohn
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Variable weather climate.

Post by TuckJohn »

I cant seem to find it, but there was a thread that mentioned adding things such as acid rain in places that have high pollution, and other negitive polution effects that I quite liked.

Perhaps you can link it sslik ssilk?
Last edited by TuckJohn on Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~1200+ hours clocked in factorio. Avid KSP and Factorio player

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

That theme is work in progress and not explicitely listed under Frequently Suggested / Link Collections

What I currently have:
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=80&t=342 Events (Environmental disasters)
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=80&t=183 Events (“Againts all odds”. Free-play, global task.)
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 80&t=13022 --> At the end under "Brininging in (new) types of playing the game"

What you can see: There is a big dependency between "What kind of game I want to play" and "Playing with events", where "Weather" is just one of the simpler parts.

PS: It's ssilk, SSilk or ßilk. Not sslik. ;)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Pohybel
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Pohybel »

Ideas of these threads what you give is too expanded, would need to rebuild the entire game.
And I think that this might cause an increased CPU and GPU utilization and consequently cause the game unplayable on slower hardware.
This causes a drop in sales and interest the game, do you remember tropico 5 and directx 11 problem?
The authors of the game shoot himself in the knee.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Pohybel wrote:Ideas of these threads what you give is too expanded, would need to rebuild the entire game.
The problem is, there are so many different suggestions about "what kind of game someone wants to play", that this needed. And it is just the map-generator, that needs to be changed.
And I think that this might cause an increased CPU and GPU utilization and consequently cause the game unplayable on slower hardware.
This causes a drop in sales and interest the game, do you remember tropico 5 and directx 11 problem?
The authors of the game shoot himself in the knee.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”