Invasion Events

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Avarant
Inserter
Inserter

Invasion Events

Post by Avarant »

This is perhaps one way to mitigate pollution buildup while being fun and exciting

Periodically (say at most every 20 minutes/adjustable, depending on pollution output), the game could pause to inform the player that the radar has picked up an enormous invasion of biters (and maybe even worms, eventually, if animations were made) coming from the south/north/east/west. It then gives you about 1 minute to get to that side of the base and prepare extra defenses. It would be great if the invasion had more than the current biters to make it more interesting. Like a much larger, slow-moving Siege biter that will most likely take out chunks of walls and turrets before being brought down. Ranged attacks like from worms would also make these invasions more challenging/fun.

This sort of thing would hopefully be on the map-generation settings, for people who don't want an event that requires such manual intervention.

Also, the pausing could be a toggle. Though, ideally it would be balanced where you're not gonna wanna be afk when it happens.

Hope you guys don't mind all my suggestions :D

SilverWarior
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Invasion Events

Post by SilverWarior »

Make huge polution with your base and you will see "invasion" :D
I made a test level using Editor where I put bucnh of mines filled with production modules and bucnh of boilers in between so this all made huge polution in that area. I then surrounded all this with 3 tile tick wall and four tile tick wall of laser turrets to defent this point. I also placed a few radars on corcners to scan for incoming attack.
Due to large number of laser turrets I had to buuild another base some distance away to provide me with enough power.
The polution levels that were generated at that point were so big that my minimap literally turned red (couldn't see anything) due to polution.
Soon the biter attacks became masive. So masive that you could literally see red line streching from the border of radar active sight all the way to my wall. In the end attacks were so masive that they broke through all three layers of wall and destroy two or three lines of turrets.
Finally the masiveness of attacks and their rate didn't even alow me to rebuild fast enough.

As for your suggestion that is already doable with a litle bit of lua coding (edting control.lua of your save game).
Now if you have no expirience in this I'm sure some moders would be willing to help you out.

TGS
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TGS »

Avarant wrote:This is perhaps one way to mitigate pollution buildup while being fun and exciting

Periodically (say at most every 20 minutes/adjustable, depending on pollution output), the game could pause to inform the player that the radar has picked up an enormous invasion of biters (and maybe even worms, eventually, if animations were made) coming from the south/north/east/west. It then gives you about 1 minute to get to that side of the base and prepare extra defenses. It would be great if the invasion had more than the current biters to make it more interesting. Like a much larger, slow-moving Siege biter that will most likely take out chunks of walls and turrets before being brought down. Ranged attacks like from worms would also make these invasions more challenging/fun.

This sort of thing would hopefully be on the map-generation settings, for people who don't want an event that requires such manual intervention.

Also, the pausing could be a toggle. Though, ideally it would be balanced where you're not gonna wanna be afk when it happens.

Hope you guys don't mind all my suggestions :D
This isn't a bad idea... it's quite cool actually. However I think if such a thing is added, it needs to be optional. Defaulting to off perhaps in the worldgen. Nothing against the idea, I just think that forcing the player to deal with invasions would be tedious and annoying for something that already happens to a degree if you create enough pollution.

BurnHard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BurnHard »

Yes, we need a "Unleash next wave" or "unleash Invasion", each time with increasing force and more enemies. :)

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”