Batteries and capacitors

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

BurnHard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Batteries and capacitors

Post by BurnHard »

Some small idea to make the game more complicated for no sane reason :mrgreen:

At the moment we have accumulators, which store a more ore less large quantity of energy but with limited discharge and charge rates. I was thinking of extremely lowering these recharge rates to let them feel more of "battery" and long-term storage.

On the other hand to add some kind of capacitor, with extremely high recharge and discharge-rates but with very low capacity when you need really high energy-spikes for short time eg, lasertowers shooting.

Well would only make sense after some sort of energy-system revamp... At the moment if you have idle steam engines as reserve, they can go from 0% to 100% within miliseconds.

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Batteries and capacitors

Post by MF- »

Or perhaps also making steam engines unable to run / run efficiently with 30% load.

But then it would be just too annoying at the beginning when you don't have any capacitors.
and capacitors and batteries are DC things, which means they need a nontrivial piece of circuitry that "makes the energy back into AlternatingCurrent"

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Batteries and capacitors

Post by ssilk »

Hm. I would think to some some event, a shunt fault/electric short which suddenly reduces the power of the accus to zero.

A new native organism which likes electricity and grows with it. Some slimy, fungi organism, which can't be killed by lasers/guns. It's in the air like
fungi. You can't protect against it. We need to use poison to kill it.

A side effect is: This organism takes the energy and pollution and cleans the air! Now we only need to avoid it to come to the accus.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”