Underground Railroad

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

dudeski123456
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Underground Railroad

Post by dudeski123456 »

So throughout my playing of factorio I have run into one problem with my trains.

Sometimes I need them to go under an entire base or sometimes even just under a wall. Now, I know what you're thinking. "Just go around it. That simple." But here is the thing. I don't want to. It would be so much easier and look so much nicer if I could just make the train go underneath the wall/base.

I'm also going to bring up the fact that there are the underground pipes and the underground transport belts, so wouldn't it make sense to also let the trains go underground? I say, let this method of transportation go subterranean!

One last thing, in real life trains can go underground. Just thought I might mention that.

Khaylain
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Underground Railroad

Post by Khaylain »

There is a search function where you could have found a lot of information by searching for different keywords associated with rail/train tunnels. Please use it to see if what you're thinking of has been suggested before, it has helped me. I've attached links to the topics I've found after a cursory search and looking only on the first page of search results.

search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keyw ... l&start=10

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9&p=141737&hilit=+t ... nd#p141737

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=22395&p=141281&hili ... nd#p141281

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4544

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=9331&hilit=train+tunnel

viewtopic.php?f=80&t=14024&p=128695#p128695

dudeski123456
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by dudeski123456 »

My bad, im new to forums and didnt really look all that hard to find people who had suggested this. And was really eager to give the idea as i though i had thought of it first! Again my bad!

zytukin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by zytukin »

Trains under a wall?

The Wall Gate can be placed across tracks and will automatically open and close to let trains through so you wont have to have a hole in your wall for a track to enter.

Khaylain
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Khaylain »

Sorry if it seemed like I was berating you, that wasn't my intention. It was simply to inform you about all those that already existed. Hope you keep the suggesting spirit up.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”