Robot follower count

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

BurnHard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Robot follower count

Post by BurnHard »

It would be nice to somewhere read the actual maximum robot follower count. In the first place in the research project "With this research your maximum robot follower count will be increased to XX" and in the interface when you place eg 5 robots then there is the number displayed actual/maximum: eg 10/60.

And PLEASE make the maximum "round" numbers . 5,10,20,etc and not eg. 104 or 101 . :)

Kryzeth
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Show Follower Robot Count Bonus

Post by Kryzeth »

Tl;dr: Show the max amount of follower robots (or additional amount) in the Bonuses menu.

Reasoning: So there's an achievement to have 100 robots following you at the same time, and there are 20 upgrades that increase the follower count by differing amounts (first few give +1, then +2, and up to +10 for the final 10 upgrades). It would be helpful to know exactly how many robots can currently follow you, so that you can tell exactly when you are able to get the achievement. It's also the only untracked bonus that I've noticed so far, so... for consistency's sake?
Last edited by ssilk on Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Changed topic, not only 0.13

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.13] Show Follower Robot Count Bonus

Post by Ranakastrasz »

If you deploy a single robot, it shows a indicator for current count. If you hover over it, it tells you your capacity. Admittedly, yes, this would be a good addition.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Robot follower count

Post by ssilk »

The issue is quite old as you can see, I joined it into a thread from 2014. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Kryzeth
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Kryzeth »

Woaah, that is rather old. Although my issue/suggestion was sliightly different.. considering that now you can see all of the other bonuses like damage and stack size in the drop down menu, but you can't see robot follower count. There's also more of a reason to be able to see the max robot count now (for the achievement) than there was back then, and prooobably might be easier to implement now that they have that bonus dropdown menu. Well, I wouldn't know for sure, but ah well.

I didn't search that far back into the previous suggestions, so I hadn't seen this one.. =P

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Nevertheless, this needs to be changed, the only reason why it isn't is obviously because of low priority.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”