Efficency overlay

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

BeauNiddle
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Efficency overlay

Post by BeauNiddle »

When the alt-button shows what everything is working on I'd like some graphical representation of the current efficiency of that assembler. Say a red background for 50% efficiency or less, yellow for <75% and green for >= 75%

Some of the later assembler tasks require a number of complex inputs and it's difficult to track which aren't working at full production, or to know which item is missing without individually opening each assembler and seeing which items are low. By using an overlay it will allow you to take in the quality of your factory complexes at a glance and help focusing on any bits that need tweaking.

It will also help the use of upgrade modules since you'll have a better idea of which factories are lagging behind, which have enough resources, etc.

The game currently has efficiency on steam engines but it would be nice to see that on assemblers as well. Preferably in a percentage format rather than that green bar :)

Apologies if there is already a way to do this, I only recently got the game.

Orphauneus
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Efficency overlay

Post by Orphauneus »

I think it would be cool if there were an efficiency module. You create the module and then when you press alt it shows the efficiency bar you speak of.
I'm the kind of guy that gets lost shopping looking for milk (I'm saying i'm dumb...)

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”