color coding blueprint book

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

hk29
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

color coding blueprint book

Post by hk29 »

would love the ability to color blueprint book.
You could classify blueprints and also quick ability to know where the print is.
most importantly be able to look in my little black book for my sexy prints

thomwblair
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: color coding blueprint book

Post by thomwblair »

Yes! Upvote!

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I would like to have not even that, but more specialized grouping/categorizing, less nifty choosing of blueprint.

Problem here is the pure number of blueprints in the book, the number of slots. Which is fine on one hand, but complicated on the other.

[In other games I saw this: Grouping of the slots by number-key (they are not needed for selecting items while in the blueprint-mode!)
This worked about so: "1" chooses the first 5 entries, "2" the next 5 and so on. When choosing a group you can choose the slot in the group also by number key. So "1", "2" chooses the second slot in the first group, "6" "5" the 30th slot.]
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

deepdriller
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by deepdriller »

ssilk wrote:In other games I saw this: Grouping of the slots by number-key (they are not needed for selecting items while in the blueprint-mode!)
This worked about so: "1" chooses the first 5 entries, "2" the next 5 and so on. When choosing a group you can choose the slot in the group also by number key. So "1", "2" chooses the second slot in the first group.
And to make things easier, when selecting a blueprint the regular way, it displays the number keys you'd need to select it directly! Brilliant!
While we're at it, why not add a special key to select an empty blueprint from the book?

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

deepdriller wrote: While we're at it, why not add a special key to select an empty blueprint from the book?
Not needed, just group (automatically?) the empty blueprints in the last group. "6" "5" selects the last slot (number 30), which should be an empty blueprint.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”