Notepad

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

genc22
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Notepad

Post by genc22 »

After playing for quiet a while i got my factory/base to rather big size which resulted in many tasks to do such as defense, rearangation and stuff. but since i often play every 2nd or third day i end up forgeting what i was about to do, and on loading save it often bites me because i forgot about repairing something or building something. Thats why i propose suggestion of ingame notepad, i remember having this thing in eve online and it was rather useful. what do you think?

aubergine18
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Notepad

Post by aubergine18 »

IMO this would be better as a mod request. Player could hover mouse over something on map and press hotkey to add that thing to their TO-DO list, or if nothing selected the list is displayed and clicking stuff in it takes you to the location on map (or puts arrows showing direction to it).
Better forum search for modders: Enclose your search term in quotes, eg. "font_color" or "custom-input" - it prevents the forum search from splitting on hypens and underscores, resulting in much more accurate results.

electricmonk2k
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by electricmonk2k »

I like this idea a lot!

They could be implemented as signs that are placed on the map by the player like how it's done in Transport Tycoon Deluxe. And there could be a global notepad to let you find all of these signs from one place in the UI, as well as letting you write 'global notes' (notes that aren't associated with a specific place on the map). They are good for placing reminders of what to do (eg. the player hasn't yet researched a certain technology but have an idea for what to do with a certain piece of land once they research that technology).

If using signs, as well as reminders, they can be used to explain things to other players who are looking at your saved map, or if submitting a bug-report to the developers which includes a saved map, the signs can give hints on what to do to re-create a bug, or the signs can even be placed in scenarios by scenario-designers to give hints to the player. In this case, if there was a global list of signs in the UI (a 'global notepad'), then only the signs that had been explored so far (or added by the player) would be present in the notepad.

See this thread for more on signs and in-game message-items.
aubergine18 wrote:IMO this would be better as a mod request
IMO this should be part of the core-game for the reasons I've described above.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I found this one better:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12374 Ingame notepad
:)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”