Uranium and nuclear power

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

varenvel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Uranium and nuclear power

Post by varenvel »

I hope maybe in developers in plans when adding nuclear power will be:
-Few ways(more then 1 , maybe 3?) to refine uranium (higher tech needing more resources/machines but more efficient)
-Depleted uranium to be used in warfare(tank shells , magazines)
-Since they already said there will be explosion of reactors , maybe small yeld nuclear weapons? comparable with a bit biger fatman from fallout? or missle?)
-Some pump to able to dig/pump water from ground(this happens a lot IRL) , but using electricity(there are often times where map generates you with small lake and not much water near)
-I hope developers will make pollution generated will be big deal for uranium , it is kinda irl , most mines and refining methods produce lots of pollution/waste
-Reactor breeders?
-Thorium fuel?(could be obtained from reprocessing of other existing elements , its present in coal also sometimes)
-MOX?(mixed oxide fuel rod)

Also there are bunch of other things i would like to see sometime implemented:
-Tech/research who increases battery charge logistics/construction robots , or MK2-MK3 who would have higher charge
-Shotgun turrets(or able for turrets to use shells) (maybe depleted uranium shells too?)
-Upgreadable tank (just like power armor , with additional armor , shields , modules , able to change weapons like machinegun to shotgun , flamethrower or so)
-Laser turret damage reserch would expand energy capacity as well (mods who add more research reach point where they deal so much damage they use more energy then they hold meaning they cant fire)
-Some water structures (maybe oil? or rare elements from sea water used in uranium refining?) https://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/sw ... 7/_article
-Pipe valves who could stop flow of liquid when triggered (right now you have to use pumps and they got limited flow)

Grossen
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Uranium and nuclear power

Post by Grossen »

I do not really agree on uranium processing generating too much pollution, solar panels have a big advantage because they do not generate it, I think the focus should be placed on waste management and maybe radiation as downside.

I fully support any suggestion that nerfs laser turret creep and gives us better methods to fight alien bases, I think these weapons should render the detonation place unusable for quite a while (for both players and aliens)trough radiation if implemented.

Lategame red ammo becomes a bit under-powered against behemoths due to its low armor penetration, maybe depleted uranium shells could balance that by being more efficient at taking them down.

aubergine18
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aubergine18 »

I assume you've seen the recent blog post on this? https://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-164
Better forum search for modders: Enclose your search term in quotes, eg. "font_color" or "custom-input" - it prevents the forum search from splitting on hypens and underscores, resulting in much more accurate results.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Added to viewtopic.php?f=80&t=31440 Ideas Around Energy Production: Solar, Wind, Water, Nuclear, Fusion ...
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”