QoL for Land mines

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Frightning
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

QoL for Land mines

Post by Frightning »

A couple of quality of life suggestions for making Land mines easier to make effective use of:

1: Give them a radius indicator when you are placing them that matches either Area of Effect so you know whether or not they are close enough to your Walls (or anything else of value) to damage them when they explode. Optionally, could also give an indicator of the mine's trigger radius, but that's probably not all that useful in practice.

2: Lock mine placement to the building tile grid. I know this is how it used to be and that it was changed to give a more 'organic' feel to mine placement. However, I believe that this change is detrimental to gameplay because it is no longer easy to create a nice, dense, perfectly aligned, grid of mines for the purposes of creating a minefield barrier around something you wish to defend (which is, after all, the best use of Land mines in the current state of things; since they don't damage other nearby mines).

Engimage
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: QoL for Land mines

Post by Engimage »

Frightning wrote:Lock mine placement to the building tile grid. I know this is how it used to be and that it was changed to give a more 'organic' feel to mine placement. However, I believe that this change is detrimental to gameplay because it is no longer easy to create a nice, dense, perfectly aligned, grid of mines for the purposes of creating a minefield barrier around something you wish to defend (which is, after all, the best use of Land mines in the current state of things; since they don't damage other nearby mines).
I think this is a good idea overall. In this case you will be able to pplace them more exactly without risk of damaging something by explosions. And to make it more organic it could be made like the new 0.15 resource patches - non-rectangular tiles, maybe with 2-3 options to make it look more random.

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

Now all I can think about is my Sram (trap class) in Dofus. Was so fun being this scrub in cheap gear thrashing these high-end dedicated PvPers. First step, trap all around self while invisible, wait for it to wear off. Evil grin as your opponent switches places with you, takes a step and loses 1/2 their hp. Step two, go invisible and trap all around opponent, wait for invisibility to wear off. Evil grin as "clever" opponent takes a step, blows himself up again and dies.
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

Metzger43
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Metzger43 »

I would agree with you to make land mines easier to use. I also with that when they detonated they created a ghost blueprint so that your robots could keep your minefield fully armed automatically

Engimage
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Engimage »

Metzger43 wrote:I also with that when they detonated they created a ghost blueprint so that your robots could keep your minefield fully armed automatically
They already do that

Frightning
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Frightning »

PacifyerGrey wrote:
Metzger43 wrote:I also with that when they detonated they created a ghost blueprint so that your robots could keep your minefield fully armed automatically
They already do that
Yep, which is why you can actually use them to augment your defenses. It's just kinda a hassle to set up with the current state of things.

SupplyDepoo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SupplyDepoo »

You can just make a blueprint of a single mine and a wall and it will be nice and evenly spaced.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-04-14 at 17.53.32.png
Screen Shot 2017-04-14 at 17.53.32.png (248.01 KiB) Viewed 3122 times

MKNZ
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by MKNZ »

SupplyDepoo wrote:You can just make a blueprint of a single mine and a wall and it will be nice and evenly spaced.
Yeah- Blueprints are the way to go.
http://plays.tv/video/58f1389dc30370db1b/mines

AileTheAlien
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AileTheAlien »

Frightning wrote:1: Give them a radius indicator
2: Lock mine placement to the building tile grid.
+1 for both of these.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”