Visible contents of wagon

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

MX_wb
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Visible contents of wagon

Post by MX_wb »

When a wagon stop, there are little doors that open, but it looks empty. I think you should be able to see the contents through these doors, or a mix if there is a mix. This might be a bad idea for certain items, like barrels. But for ores and coal it would look great. Maybe there could be a seperate wagon, called an open wagon, that could have an advantage, like holds more and you cant see inside, but are heavier so it is slower. Then the normal wagons hold less, and weigh less

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Visible contents of wagon

Post by steinio »

If you press the ALT-key you can see the content :)

Needs something like a content layer which can change the 'open door' image dynamically.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

MX_wb
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by MX_wb »

Yea i know, i always have alt+tab on, but it should be part of the wagon texture is what i mean

Engimage
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Engimage »

MX_wb wrote:Yea i know, i always have alt+tab on, but it should be part of the wagon texture is what i mean
Never gonna happen.
The reason is simple. Most of items do not have a real-world model. As well as the actual count of items being transported does not make sense in the displaying. Plus the game is a set of 2d sprites which does not allow rotating random stuff along with a wagon. Obviously you would need a model for every item with all rotation angles as well as multilayer wagon model. The task is so complex that it makes no sense for developers as it brings near to no value to gameplay.

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

It's possible only with prerendered pictures, and can be colorified with color mask. Also, for ores it's possible, but for all another stuff not.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

MX_wb wrote:Yea i know, i always have alt+tab on, but it should be part of the wagon texture is what i mean
If you have it always on, why do you need extra visual input?
i always think, the ores are deep inside the wagon in the shadow and you don't see it, cause of that.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

MKNZ
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by MKNZ »

ssilk wrote:
i always think, the ores are deep inside the wagon in the shadow and you don't see it, cause of that.
That's a ridiculous excuse to the lack of a visual.. Clarity is a huge part of this game. The problem is this isn't essential; but it's a good suggestion.

One of the few Boat mods, has a terrible looking boat. The physics of it are clunky, and it actually feels okay and boat-like, but it's so unrealistic to look at, it's not fun to use.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

MKNZ wrote:Clarity is a huge part of this game.
Therefore the ALT-mode. What can be more clear?
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”