Shortcut to transfer X number of items

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Bocator
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Shortcut to transfer X number of items

Post by Bocator »

Hello,

At the moment we have various shortcuts allowing us to transfer items really quickly in most situations : Shift left/right click for full/half stack and Ctrl left/right click for full/half inventory.

What about, let's say, using Alt left/right click to transfer ten/five items ? Let's take early game as an example, you have to manually feed your first mining drills/furnaces/gun turrets while having a limited supply of fuel/ammo. The reason I first started to use Autofill (great mod btw) is because it is both too tedious and too frequent to load 10-20 ammo in a turret. You either have to right-click X number of times ; or transfer a stack, then take back half-stack X number of times. This is just one example but I'm sure such a shortcut would be really useful for a better inventory management.

I think Alt is the most intuitive shortcut since we're already using Shift and Ctrl for inventory things, considering the default shortcut of "Show info" is Alt it would have to be changed to something else. Unless you guys can think of another good shortcut.
Hundreds hours of Factorio experience

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”