Let Labs Research a Single Science

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

redlabel
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Let Labs Research a Single Science

Post by redlabel »

OK, this could be an idea for a mod, since it would change perhaps the idea that the Devs have about how the science should work.

But the idea is that instead of making every lab research all the required sciences at once, let different labs research different sciences. Perhaps the penalty for this would be that the lab would research just one science at once at the same speed that it can research four. The advantage is that you can focus in a particular science and not have to build them all from scratch.

The research science would go to some sort of server wide research buffer, and the research would be made automatically when there is enough "research" in the pipeline.

I think I made this sound much more complicated than it sounds..

Thoughts? I'm pretty sure there will be at least some of you interested in this!
✧COMFY FACTORIO✧ - Home of Biter Battles, Fish Defense, Chronotrain.. And More!

leoch
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Let Labs Research a Single Science

Post by leoch »

That removes the need for the usual logistics getting science packs of all types to each lab. Big complexity drop. No thanks.

redlabel
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by redlabel »

leoch wrote:That removes the need for the usual logistics getting science packs of all types to each lab. Big complexity drop. No thanks.
That is why I said not for Vanilla. But Factorio has plenty of things that are complicated. You can always ease some so you have more time to focus on others. This is intended for OARC type maps where you have different people collaborating far away. Easier science could mean faster research and faster to get to rocket. Since games usually don't last more than 24-48 hours, maybe more could be achieved in this time. Just changes what you effort goes to.
✧COMFY FACTORIO✧ - Home of Biter Battles, Fish Defense, Chronotrain.. And More!

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Added to viewtopic.php?f=80&t=14645 Research-queue and -progress Visualizaton / Research-Overhauls

But this is old, see for example https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=6&t=1637 More researches at once
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”