14 Ideas for Upcoming Updates

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

SlondoTK
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

14 Ideas for Upcoming Updates

Post by SlondoTK »

This is a Bible about ideas for upcoming items that can be added in the factorio game.

1) Launches Fixed Grenades of Combatant Robots ~
A device where you could put your attack robots, so that in the future if something in the vicinity were attacked, the device could launch a certain amount of robots defined by the player.

2) Larger Biodiversity ~
New textures and styles of alien colonies, including the possibility of emerging new species of peaceful and enemy animals.

3) Alien Research ~
With this idea of ​​the new colonies, also a legal good appears, that would be the possibility of the player to capture an alien, using a special car or with nothing, using some equipment that prevents the alien to be able to cause damage, after arriving at the base the player would have To hold the alien in a special place, and thus could do scientific research on the alien, with the research he could create a kind of robot that works the same as the alien searched, but this robot is an enemy of biological aliens, and the weaknesses of the Biological aliens are understood by both the player and the robot.

4) New Trains, Electricity in rails ~
Currently we have a charcoal / wood and solid fuel train ..
This train has the accompaniment that says to be a diesel-powered train, something that is not quite like this ..
(It would not make a big difference, more to make these trains really have to use diesel, made in the factories would be more realistic)
With this new locomotive (which could have a different texture, maximum speed, braking time, sound and animation), we could have transformers that connected in the grid, could transform the voltage that goes to the rails, if Is a line with "aerial" cables would be very nice to see, plus the scheme of the 3rd rail where the electric energy passes.

5) New Energy Sources ~ We currently have Nuclear, Steam and Solar Energy .. could it be possible to add wind energy? Why if we analyze the game has presented the shadows of the clouds on the ground that are moving, it would be one more detail in the game.
How about a thermodynamic energy?

6) More detailed 3D aspect ~
Greater notion of depth,
This is one of the things that I would very much like to see in the game .. I can observe that the entities are made using the 3D scheme, however of the game they are 2D, almost there in 3D .. however if we repair well, the game looks like a Image where there is no moving objects when it comes close to give depth effect, and the mats look like they are exactly 90 ° from the floor of the game with the computer screen, even the game being top view with 300 construction items. This detail of depth would give an impression both in the game, the forests then ...

7) More Personalization ~
We have the possibility to change the color of the train and the station at the moment, now imagine if we had the possibility to change the color of the armature, the color of the car, the color of the factories, the color of the walls and the color of the floor blocks as Concrete and stone brick ..
The creativity would reign and could even hit head-on with the Minecraft franchise, with this customization issue also comes other ideas like new vegetations, after all we are on an unknown planet, and exotic plant species would be cool to see .. imagine a plant Carnivorous
8) New Robots !!!
As you can see, I want to see the processor of my pc explode ... But let's not be so radical, as I said earlier with the alien robot that moves on the floor, suppose my factory has a mat where several items pass and Every item is taken by a factory or a set of factories, we have the presence of the separator, but it has no filter or something that makes it possible to separate the specific items that we want for this set of factories, now a solution for this without using inserters with Filter and to maintain the speed, would be to use a smart separator where the items that are in the filter are separated automatically, there could also be a kind of miniature car that would be remotely controlled in order to make exploration without risking life, Aliens Could interact amicably at first sight with these species of drones, then as time went by they would be more intelligent Would know that the drone is actually a threat.

9) Climatic Effects ~
It would be interesting to see a rain or a sandstorm in the game, the night in the game passes in a matter of 2-3 minutes and the day takes more than 5min, you could leave the time of the two equal periods, add the possibility of rain, which Such acid rain due to the level of pollution?

10) New Animations for Aliens and Character ~
Aliens literally saw 90 degrees to the side, and even 180 degrees on the axis itself. Although the aliens had 4 motion pictures, it would be interesting to see it turning realistically rather than teleporting from the opposite side on the axis itself. The same goes for the character.

11) Improved Aliens Intelligence.
Nowadays, the aliens are doing their thing, but with the giant expansion of factories and the level of pollution increasing over time, it would be interesting to see the aliens acting in different ways when it comes to attacking base and character ..
The style of making sieges, attack in several places at the same time, if in case the factory use leisure towers and does not have a very large production of energy, ends up making it difficult to slaughter the aliens.

12) Electricity, Resistance and Blackout Systems
How about promoting a blackout in the factory for overloading the resistance?
New posts and the possibility of using the same copper cable if you use the red and blue cables, only to transmit power ..

13) Vehicles, Tanks and Boats
With the addition of the alien search we would have a new vehicle to be able to transport the alien, however ... the joke would be cool if we had a wider range of tanks and even boats to navigate the great lakes or rivers.

14) New Ways to Make a Train Line.
Depending on the settings in the creation of the map factorial, very extensive rivers and ponds may arise ..
How about a structure similar to a bridge, where the train could pass quietly over the water, it is logical to respect the height of the boat, if it is added.

Well, those were the ideas that I've been turning my head here wondering what it would be like if I were in the game .. This translation was made in google (s2) Sorry ;p

JohnyDL
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: 14 Ideas for Upcoming Updates

Post by JohnyDL »

I know this is your first post so you probably didn't spot the stickies, you might want to especially check this one out viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3394

JohnyDL
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: 14 Ideas for Upcoming Updates

Post by JohnyDL »

SlondoTK wrote:This is a Bible about ideas for upcoming items that can be added in the factorio game.

1) Launches Fixed Grenades of Combatant Robots ~
A device where you could put your attack robots, so that in the future if something in the vicinity were attacked, the device could launch a certain amount of robots defined by the player.
Many people think this is over powered but there are mods (nano bots I think is one) with launchers
SlondoTK wrote:2) Larger Biodiversity ~
New textures and styles of alien colonies, including the possibility of emerging new species of peaceful and enemy animals.
more alien possibilities is in the build plan not sure exactly what but I've seen tamable as an option so could be anything
SlondoTK wrote:3) Alien Research ~
With this idea of ​​the new colonies, also a legal good appears, that would be the possibility of the player to capture an alien, using a special car or with nothing, using some equipment that prevents the alien to be able to cause damage, after arriving at the base the player would have To hold the alien in a special place, and thus could do scientific research on the alien, with the research he could create a kind of robot that works the same as the alien searched, but this robot is an enemy of biological aliens, and the weaknesses of the Biological aliens are understood by both the player and the robot.
Alien artifacts and research were in 0.14 and the possibility of examining aliens for better ways of killing them has been voiced recently.
SlondoTK wrote:4) New Trains, Electricity in rails ~
Currently we have a charcoal / wood and solid fuel train ..
This train has the accompaniment that says to be a diesel-powered train, something that is not quite like this ..
(It would not make a big difference, more to make these trains really have to use diesel, made in the factories would be more realistic)
With this new locomotive (which could have a different texture, maximum speed, braking time, sound and animation), we could have transformers that connected in the grid, could transform the voltage that goes to the rails, if Is a line with "aerial" cables would be very nice to see, plus the scheme of the 3rd rail where the electric energy passes.
don't forget rocket fuel works too, I could see the idea of maybe heavy oil being used as a fuel put in by drums, but it be far more expensive than coal (coal is super cheap) and maybe electric trains but there's not really much point
SlondoTK wrote:5) New Energy Sources ~ We currently have Nuclear, Steam and Solar Energy .. could it be possible to add wind energy? Why if we analyze the game has presented the shadows of the clouds on the ground that are moving, it would be one more detail in the game.
How about a thermodynamic energy?
No wind so no wind power, more ideas like this have been discussed but there's rarely if ever a good reason, the three choices now are big, expensive and early game (steam), very big, free and mid game (solar), and small moderately cheap and high power (nukes)
SlondoTK wrote:6) More detailed 3D aspect ~
Greater notion of depth,
This is one of the things that I would very much like to see in the game .. I can observe that the entities are made using the 3D scheme, however of the game they are 2D, almost there in 3D .. however if we repair well, the game looks like a Image where there is no moving objects when it comes close to give depth effect, and the mats look like they are exactly 90 ° from the floor of the game with the computer screen, even the game being top view with 300 construction items. This detail of depth would give an impression both in the game, the forests then ...
Not sure what you mean
SlondoTK wrote:7) More Personalization ~
We have the possibility to change the color of the train and the station at the moment, now imagine if we had the possibility to change the color of the armature, the color of the car, the color of the factories, the color of the walls and the color of the floor blocks as Concrete and stone brick ..
this is already in the game with the /color command, there are some colours or RGB and then any car/tank you get in is your colour and your armour is your colour. Factory colour is linked to how good they are recolouring for aesthetics would make multiplayer disastrous.
SlondoTK wrote:The creativity would reign and could even hit head-on with the Minecraft franchise, with this customization issue also comes other ideas like new vegetations, after all we are on an unknown planet, and exotic plant species would be cool to see .. imagine a plant Carnivorous
This game is focused on the automation side of crafting not the aesthetics generally. It's a creative puzzler not a creative builder
SlondoTK wrote:8) New Robots !!!
As you can see, I want to see the processor of my pc explode ... But let's not be so radical, as I said earlier with the alien robot that moves on the floor, suppose my factory has a mat where several items pass and Every item is taken by a factory or a set of factories, we have the presence of the separator, but it has no filter or something that makes it possible to separate the specific items that we want for this set of factories, now a solution for this without using inserters with Filter and to maintain the speed, would be to use a smart separator where the items that are in the filter are separated automatically, there could also be a kind of miniature car that would be remotely controlled in order to make exploration without risking life, Aliens Could interact amicably at first sight with these species of drones, then as time went by they would be more intelligent Would know that the drone is actually a threat.
don't understand this needs more eloquent explaination, but new bots? why we have bots that Fight (capsules), move stuff (logistics), and world interact (construction) that's basically all the player can do
SlondoTK wrote:9) Climatic Effects ~
It would be interesting to see a rain or a sandstorm in the game, the night in the game passes in a matter of 2-3 minutes and the day takes more than 5min, you could leave the time of the two equal periods, add the possibility of rain, which Such acid rain due to the level of pollution?
What does this add to the game
SlondoTK wrote:10) New Animations for Aliens and Character ~
Aliens literally saw 90 degrees to the side, and even 180 degrees on the axis itself. Although the aliens had 4 motion pictures, it would be interesting to see it turning realistically rather than teleporting from the opposite side on the axis itself. The same goes for the character.
There's a whole host of graphical updates planned I think this is one of them
SlondoTK wrote:11) Improved Aliens Intelligence.
Nowadays, the aliens are doing their thing, but with the giant expansion of factories and the level of pollution increasing over time, it would be interesting to see the aliens acting in different ways when it comes to attacking base and character ..
The style of making sieges, attack in several places at the same time, if in case the factory use leisure towers and does not have a very large production of energy, ends up making it difficult to slaughter the aliens.
Alien AI does some really complicated things out of really simple rules, there have been a bunch of suggestions for improvements, one I quite liked was ant like social insect behaviour.
SlondoTK wrote:12) Electricity, Resistance and Blackout Systems
How about promoting a blackout in the factory for overloading the resistance?
New posts and the possibility of using the same copper cable if you use the red and blue cables, only to transmit power ..
Why? what does this add? Also why use the circuit network to carry power when those cables are data cables
SlondoTK wrote:13) Vehicles, Tanks and Boats
With the addition of the alien search we would have a new vehicle to be able to transport the alien, however ... the joke would be cool if we had a wider range of tanks and even boats to navigate the great lakes or rivers.
this probably needs to be included with that discussion not be a separate note in a different place
SlondoTK wrote:14) New Ways to Make a Train Line.
Depending on the settings in the creation of the map factorial, very extensive rivers and ponds may arise ..
How about a structure similar to a bridge, where the train could pass quietly over the water, it is logical to respect the height of the boat, if it is added.

Well, those were the ideas that I've been turning my head here wondering what it would be like if I were in the game .. This translation was made in google (s2) Sorry ;p
Bridges have been suggested before response use landfill. you can make it 2 wide for a train only.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”