Recentrly Used Colors for Trains and Stations

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

NearlyDutch
Inserter
Inserter

Recentrly Used Colors for Trains and Stations

Post by NearlyDutch »

TL;DR
The color picker for trains and stations should include a small list of the most recently used colors for convenience.

What ?
Below the color picker for trains and stations is enough room to display a horizontal list of like 8 small squares that represent the most recently used colors. 'Used' in this context would mean something like the color that was set when the GUI was closed or the GUI tab was switched to another view. Clicking on one of the squares sets the color of the opened entity to the color that the square represents.
Why ?
This is for convenience. When I"m building a new outpost and want to color code trains and stations, I will often have to open the map, scroll into a radar covered area with an entity of the color I need and then use the shift-clicking to apply that color to the new entities after leaving the map view. If one uses color's that aren't just values of 0 or 255 for the individual color channels, remembering all the values is hard. By adding this small improvement, one could simply open the color picker, click on the desired color, which will most likely be in the most recently used list and that's it.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”