Tutorial feedback (as requested by devs)

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Jonathan88
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Tutorial feedback (as requested by devs)

Post by Jonathan88 »

Note: I wasn't entirely sure which forum to put this is so please move it if it fits better elsewhere. Also since it isn't a feature suggestion and just feedback on existing content, I did not use the 'idea template'.

In FFF-196, the devs requested feedback on their first tutorials. Since most of us are fairly competent at this stage, I thought I'd ask my friend who's new to the game to give some feedback. His thoughts were:
Pop up ignored as want to [continue to] play game
Solution: add a tutorials menu in the game. Perhaps add the popup which you get when the research finishes after you first place a signal or something.
Done the tutorials, I liked how I got to have a go at it myself, though it would have been nice to have it explained to me after also - I'm pretty sure I just spaghettied my way to the end and it wouldn't have worked in any other configuration.
Solution: not really sure - perhaps use the overlay from FFF-198 to explain in more detail what is going on.

I hope this is useful and the feedback can probably be applied to future tutorials as well.
FactoriOh No: when it's accidentally 2am, again

torne
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Tutorial feedback (as requested by devs)

Post by torne »

Jonathan88 wrote:Solution: add a tutorials menu in the game. Perhaps add the popup which you get when the research finishes after you first place a signal or something.
There is a tutorial menu in the game already: it's one of the buttons in the top right of the UI.

Jonathan88
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Tutorial feedback (as requested by devs)

Post by Jonathan88 »

I think he meant in the main menu you get when you click play. If it is already there, it should be more obvious: eg.

Play > Singleplayer
Multiplayer
Tutorials
FactoriOh No: when it's accidentally 2am, again

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”