Ability to draw on map

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Stringweasel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Ability to draw on map

Post by Stringweasel »

This can cleanly be solved by giving modders access to draw on map view. Vote for the request here :P
Alt-F4 Author | Factorio Modder
Mods: Hall of Fame | Better Victory Screen | Fluidic Power | Biter Power | Space Spidertron | Spidertron Dock | Weasel's Demolition Derby

azesmbog
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by azesmbog »

Drawing something on a large scale (to be seen from space :) is a bit difficult. It is even more difficult to draw on the water surface.
It's very easy to make a mistake.
Снимок экрана 2022-07-25 в 21.51.57.png
Снимок экрана 2022-07-25 в 21.51.57.png (355 KiB) Viewed 859 times
It's vanilla, by the way. The scale of this creation is probably more epic than in Giza.

cybersteel8
Inserter
Inserter

Post by cybersteel8 »

Being able to draw on the map is a fantastic planning feature. I'd love to simply just have coloured lines I can paint on free-form, mainly when planning out expansion and future train lines and stuff from the map view. Bumping this thread because it's still not in the game, so the best we have is making tags.

TheKillerChicken
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by TheKillerChicken »

I so would love to see this as a feature also.

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

A complement to lines and rectangle drawing would be zones Zones for Better Factory Control
They can be used for rectangles as well, but could potentially have gameplay impact, like being readable/writable from circuit network and other things mentioned in the thread.

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

I use radar coverage as guide line to make straight and aligned things, but i use the map markers to know where to place radars, i read in a recent FFF that now those would "snap" so it will be easier to align things but if more could be done toward this direction, i think it would be positive. +1 for the suggestion

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”