Crash popup

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Jon8RFC
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Crash popup

Post by Jon8RFC »

Currently, it says something like this:
If you're running the latest version of the game you can help us solve the problem by posting the contents of the log file on the Factorio forums.
Please also include the save file(s), any mods you may be using, and any steps you know of to reproduce the crash.
For improved clarity and direction, I suggest that it be updated to something like this:
If you're running the latest version of the game, you can help us solve the problem by posting the contents of the log file on the Factorio forums.
Please also upload the save file(s), zip and upload your mods folder, and include any steps you know of to reproduce the crash.
For file locations, please see this post: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3638
If it's a URL which can be clicked on, that's all the better.
(the quote truncated the url, but it's meant to be a full url which can be copied and pasted)

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Crash popup

Post by daniel34 »

I agree with the above, a link to the forums should be included (since Steam users might post it on the Steam forums for Factorio instead). The shortlink to the topic would be 3638, although I'm not sure if it should link directly to a topic.

Also, that popup currently gives you the log file location and the option to copy the path to the clipboard, but I think that dialog should also provide a button to open the log file folder. At least on Windows there's an API call that opens the folder in Windows Explorer with the file already selected.

Save and mod directories are in the same folder so they are easy to find once you are in the correct folder.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”