My Ideas (LONG LIST)

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

What was the best suggestion?

Poll ended at Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:51 pm

No votes
25%
25%
No votes
No votes
No votes
25%
25%
No votes
I didn´t like any single one of them.
No votes

Total votes: 4

COHL7500
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

My Ideas (LONG LIST)

Post by COHL7500 »

So.. I´ve been playing for a long time and i´d like this game a lot. It´s a long time ago i enjoyed playing a game so much since TF2 or Sim City 2.
Anyways, i have some ideas, or just things i found annoying in the game, that i´ll find as a cool idea:
1. RESEACHING TRAINS YOU´LL GET IN ONE PACK TRANSPORT: I found it, really, really annoying, that you have it seperate the transport pack to trains, so the train doesn´t really quite work. I was researching for an extremely long time to see what a train looks like, but i can´t really use my train before i´ve got another research, that GIVES you access to transport with trains.
2. SMART SPLITTER: I got these problems sometimes in my game, that Smart splitters would be a really good thing to use sometimes, so it works like a Smart Inserter, where you filter what you want in the first slot and the other slot. That´ll be really good for assembling machines and that, so it´s getting sorted the two things, so it´s a bit easier for the inserter to take it.
3. AIRPLANES/HELICOPTERS: Me and my friends are sitting together talking for hours on skype while playing Factorio together and i/we thought that it´ll be really cool with some kind of Airplane/Robotics that fly to a some kind of spot, like a heli pad where you can use it like a train, but this one can fly over water and go faster on distances - But it´ll be of course harder to get than the other kind of research for transports, Oh and the other thing is it´ll be too unrealistic awesome if you could fly a plane around. That´ll be fantastic!
4. CHEAT SYSTEM: Yeah.. I know you´ll think like "You gotta be kidding me.. Cheating?" Yeah, because when i mean cheating, it´ll not be like ultimate hack, but some kind of cheat codes you can activate/deactivate to your save, so you´ll be able to maybe get infinite health, or get infinite ressources. But it´ll of course only work in Free Play.
5. JETPACK: This thing, needs to be the High-End Researches. It´ll be running on Oil, or some kind of fluid, then you can fly around with it, but only floating a bit over the ground.
6. MORE CARS, SUCH AS TRUCKS, STRONGER CARS, ETC: I found it annoying, that my car always crashes everytime i touch something (which i hope will be changed), even with the lightest touch, everything get´s destroyed. Anyways, i thought it´ll b e cool to have trucks that can have loads on it, like special Oil Loading, or Coal, where you´ll driver over the chest and then it sucks the coal up in the truck and drive it to long distances, after you got there, you can load it off in a special kind of chest (Maybe logistic chests?)
7: CUSTOMIZATION: It´ll be cool if you just could make the audience able to make a suit, or choose a color to their character, instead of that Sci-Fi Suit.
8:DIFFERENT KINDS OF ALIENS: It´ll be really nice with some different kinds of Aliens, such as a tank, stealth, or even flying alien!
9: ONLINE: I know, that multiplayer isn´t out yet and may be pretty simple to a start, but i thought, that if you could make it Co-Op Gamemode, MiniGames, Factions. And no, im not playing minecraft alot if it´s that you think. I´d really like to get some kind of Player VS Player, where you´re building your fortress up and your job is to with your team attack another base, but you just dont know where it is, so maybe it´ll be surprise.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------/
That was my suggestion and some may think they´re bad, but i slowly forgot all my really good ideas :P Maybe i can remember after sleeping for a bit!
TELL WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THE IDEAS! :D
What´s A PC Doing the Whole time while sitting in front of it?
It set numbers up and minussing them. So a computer isn´t that smart as you may think!

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: My Ideas (LONG LIST)

Post by ssilk »

So much invested time, so many ideas... sorry to destroy that... :cry: But as moderator I must say:
1. Not reading sticky posts (https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=6&t=3394) leads to ignorance.
2. TYPING IN UPPERCASE MEANS IN INTERNET IS SCREAMING. No knowing that leads to useless discussion.
3. Polls for suggestions don't make sense. The discussion that follows and developers decide, what are useful ideas.
4. Lists of suggestions, which don't have anything together are not useable. We are looking for simple ideas about one theme.
5. Suggesting stuff, which already has been suggested is redundancy. Use the forum search. Hell, we had the sggestion about smart splitters now ... 6 times?
6. Suggesting stuff, which already is existing is more redundancy. Use the Gameplay-help-board to ask or look, if mods exists, which covers that already.

I hope the rest will follow to ignore this. :/

What you can do against it:
- Delete the voting.
- Split this list into several suggestions by searching/asking, if the topic is already existing anywhere.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

COHL7500
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: My Ideas (LONG LIST)

Post by COHL7500 »

ssilk wrote:So much invested time, so many ideas... sorry to destroy that... :cry: But as moderator I must say:
1. Not reading sticky posts (https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=6&t=3394) leads to ignorance.
2. TYPING IN UPPERCASE MEANS IN INTERNET IS SCREAMING. No knowing that leads to useless discussion.
3. Polls for suggestions don't make sense. The discussion that follows and developers decide, what are useful ideas.
4. Lists of suggestions, which don't have anything together are not useable. We are looking for simple ideas about one theme.
5. Suggesting stuff, which already has been suggested is redundancy. Use the forum search. Hell, we had the sggestion about smart splitters now ... 6 times?
6. Suggesting stuff, which already is existing is more redundancy. Use the Gameplay-help-board to ask or look, if mods exists, which covers that already.

I hope the rest will follow to ignore this. :/

What you can do against it:
- Delete the voting.
- Split this list into several suggestions by searching/asking, if the topic is already existing anywhere.
First off, i want to say that i didn´t know that smart splitters already was suggested and it can´t be true you need to check every single thread to be 100% sure no one has suggested it. I wouldn´t suggest it if it already was suggested ;)
Uppercase doesn´t always mean you´re screaming though. If i said in my post "PLEASE READ THIS OR IM GETTING MAD", would´ve been dumb. I actually just tried to get it easier to read, im not really using Font Colour and that, i´d like to use the a CAP when i need to make a title, so it´s easier to scroll through and read.
Sorry for the poll then, i found it just easy for me to see if someone thought that this was a good idea, or this was a good idea, but yes, it´s of course the developers that´s agreeing these ideas are ok, or not ok, but i can´t see why people don´t have a poor chance to say their opinions what they think about my suggestions, that learns too.
I didn´t know that you could search for seeing if someone already had it until now. I´ve only posted 2-3 threads until now.
Mate, im new.. You don´t need to be that tough, i know you´re a moderator, which is cool, but you can still see, that my rank is a burner inserter, which means im a newbie and don´t have any experience with forums, i just wanted to help the developers and see what other people´s thinking and i already did that though, i translated all the damage types to danish and almost all the different things there´s in the game.
I´ll remember what you´ve said, now i know that, thanks for the comment.
What´s A PC Doing the Whole time while sitting in front of it?
It set numbers up and minussing them. So a computer isn´t that smart as you may think!

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”