Add rocks to terrain settings

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Lilly
Inserter
Inserter

Add rocks to terrain settings

Post by Lilly »

For creative mode design and testing purposes, it is nice to have a clean empty world with no biters, trees, rocks, cliffs, water, ores and oil patches. In the resource sand terrain settings in the map generator all can be set to none, except for rocks, as there is no option to control the amount of rocks on the map. So I've to remove those manually. Can this option be added? If only for completeness sake?
no rocks.png
no rocks.png (298.42 KiB) Viewed 1654 times

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Add rocks to terrain settings

Post by Jap2.0 »

Are those new in 0.16? I don't remeber them in 0.15. I agree that a no rocks option would be useful - when I want to do anthing of significant size in sandbox I generally end up using the Creative World and Creative Mode mods - they also have some other neat stuff, like covering the world in concrete, instant blueprint placement (actually I don't remeber if that's in vanilla sandbox or something it added), infinite item and power sources and drains, and so on.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Lilly
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Lilly »

Rocks used to look different:
rock.png
rock.png (32.76 KiB) Viewed 1628 times
I'm using the creative mode mod, so I can just use the deconstruction planner to remove them. However, I have to do this every time before I can chain paste a blueprint.

Jap2.0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Jap2.0 »

Sorry, what I meant by that was the settings - no trees, for exaple (actuallly, all of the terrain settings except water, biters, and starting area). Creative mode doesn't automatically remove rocks, trees, etc. when you shift-click a blueprint? I thought I remembered it doing that, but I guess I must be mistaken.
There are 10 types of people: those who get this joke and those who don't.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”