0.17 quickbar

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Mr. Tact
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

0.17 quickbar

Post by Mr. Tact »

After playing 0.17 a bit more and thinking about it some, I believe it would make sense, and would be reasonable to revert the action of shift right clicking an item in your inventory to the first open and unreserved quickbar slot. Currently there is no other functionality for that action and I can't see any down side to doing so.
Professional Curmudgeon since 1988.

TheBloke
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: 0.17 quickbar

Post by TheBloke »

Mr. Tact wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:09 pm
After playing 0.17 a bit more and thinking about it some, I believe it would make sense, and would be reasonable to revert the action of shift right clicking an item in your inventory to the first open and unreserved quickbar slot. Currently there is no other functionality for that action and I can't see any down side to doing so.
Shift-right-click on an item in the inventory moves half of it to Auto Trash slots. And new in 0.17, this works for all items (previously it only applied to Components.)

So if this feature were implemented it would need a new shortcut. Perhaps Alt-click, which has no meaning elsewhere in the game that I can recall.

However bear in mind that as the quickbar is no longer an inventory, you only need to set up all your icons once and then they persist throughout the game. So what I do is set it up right at the start in a way that has all the items I want across many quickbars. Then I never really need to touch it again.

Here's how I have it set up currently:

The only items I expect to add over time are: a) new blueprints, b) new entities from newly-added mods. I may also have missed some common items that I'll need to add (and I still have two unused quickbars for this.)

But my point is that I think a key benefit of the new quickbar is that you don't need to keep adding and removing items. Set them up once, across multiple bars, and then it's done for good.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”