[0.17.x] Naming a new blueprint should make 'Q' place it into your inventory

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

LydianLights
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.17.x] Naming a new blueprint should make 'Q' place it into your inventory

Post by LydianLights »

TL;DR
Once a new blueprint has been named, pressing 'Q' should place it into your inventory as an item rather than destroying it like a temporary blueprint

What ?
With the new 0.17 blueprint mechanics, in order for a new blueprint to become a 'real' item the player has to manually place the blueprint into their inventory. Otherwise the blueprint is destroyed when the user dismisses it with 'Q'. This change is great, but I propose that after creating a new blueprint, if the player chooses to name the blueprint in the blueprint creation menu, then the blueprint becomes a 'real' item at that point. After the blueprint has been named, the player can either press 'Q' to dismiss it into their inventory, or place it into their blueprint library.
Why ?
To me it seems like the player naming a blueprint is a clear indication that this isn't a temporary blueprint, but one that they have the intention of keeping. I've accidentally deleted a few blueprints I've been working on by creating the blueprint, naming it, selecting the appropriate icons for it, and then accidentally pressing 'Q' and having to re-create it. It's a minor annoyance, but I think a change like this would smooth out a bit of the blueprint creation workflow.

Opsse
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.17.x] Naming a new blueprint should make 'Q' place it into your inventory

Post by Opsse »

I agree, I had the same issue recently. In my opinion blueprint deletion should be an explicite action of the user, even if not named.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.17.x] Naming a new blueprint should make 'Q' place it into your inventory

Post by steinio »

Opsse wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:23 am
I agree, I had the same issue recently. In my opinion blueprint deletion should be an explicite action of the user, even if not named.
Yeah made the same blueprint several times and wondered where it went after placing it in the toolbar.
It's stupid to delete it if i explicitly placed it there.

Which [Moderated by Koub] had this great idea.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Darinth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Darinth »

steinio wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:02 pm
Opsse wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:23 am
Yeah made the same blueprint several times and wondered where it went after placing it in the toolbar.
It's stupid to delete it if i explicitly placed it there.

Which [Moderated by Koub] had this great idea.
Chill. At worst this sounds like an oversight in that there might be a few other circumstances where the default should in fact be to save blueprints.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”