Relocation Blueprint

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Night_Ange1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Relocation Blueprint

Post by Night_Ange1 »

Hey everyone,
Had made a suggestion in this post https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=6&t=7214, but I feel like it was lost in the mass on suggestions so Im starting a new topic.

My suggestion is a relocation Blueprint (I suggest orange as color) which requires one blueprint and one deconstruction blueprint to craft. You would select an area as with the deconstruction blueprint and would immediately turn into a ghost layout as with a regular blueprint (no popup to name it) which you place in a new location. Construction robots would pick up from original location and place in new moved area.

katyal
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Relocation Blueprint

Post by katyal »

Hmm... see the way I've always understood forums to work is that when a suggestion or idea is thought to be good, then the thread is active with people posting in it giving their opinions and having a good discussion. When a thread is active it stays on the first page. Now every once in a while the forums may get busy and a good idea might get buried by other threads but then all thats required is a simple bump, leaving a message in the thread to bring it back to people's attention. Now when you have multiple threads about the same thing it gets annoying because everything is disorganized.

Please don't start new threads if one already exists on the topic.

As for your suggestion ... make blueprint of what you want to move, deconstruct it with deconstruction blueprint and place it using the blueprint you just made, your orange blueprint would just be redundant.

Night_Ange1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Night_Ange1 »

https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=6&t=3394
The read or be ignored thread talks about breaking up ideas between individual threads so they don't get lost in the obscurity of TL;DR which is why I posted this separate.

As for your single line actually pertaining to the suggestion yes that works but construction robots will fill your inventory if you have them on request and are trying to move a mining line in one of your outpost.
I keep my outpost supplied with individual roboports on their own logistic networks and so I use the construction bots to move a drill mining line over to start a new area when it runs out. If I blueprint the line and set my storage chest down the construction bots give me the electric poles,belts and lights if I have less than i request in my inventory and when I place my blueprint I manually replace all the lights, electric poles and some belts.

tecxx
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by tecxx »

i actually support the idea. i often wanted to move something e.g. just one tile up, or around the base when i restructure something. blueprinting and then deconstructing is not very helpful in that situations, its cumbersome.
a high level tier item to do this (like the suggested orange blueprint) is a nice idea.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”