Power Robots

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

fejfo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Power Robots

Post by fejfo »

I had an idea for power robots.

they give power to machines in the logistics robots area ( or an even smaller area ) for there internal battery.
they can store more power then logistic and constructor robots.
when the internal battery is all most drained and the have to charge in a robotport they an other robot ( if available) will take his place to prevent the machines falling out.

I don't know jet if they have a supply area or they just power 1 machine

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Power Robots

Post by FishSandwich »

I don't know, these kind of bots would have to be very cheap to make to outweigh the benefits of using a normal electric pole.

fejfo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by fejfo »

I don't think so.

they would remove the need for power poles. ones your base is fully covert in the logistics robot area witch allows for making your dissing smaller.

I think they are very useful. I almost taut they where to op.

and I forgot to say they would also be able to charge for power producing machines ( just like power poles take energy for them).

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Ok, they will look for unsatisfied power demands, fly to it and try to fulfill it?

There are many, many how's and when's, but that would enable easier expansion with roboports, cause you don't need to place poles in the first row. You can do it later.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

fejfo wrote:I don't think so.
Let's say for example they cost the same as a normal logistic bot, that's roughly 15 iron and copper plates. For that I could make 30 small poles(using only the copper) which is more than enough to cover a logistic area.

Also, unlike the poles the bots have to be recharged which means you have to have more than one(depending on the max charge of the bot and how much the buildings are using). So for each building/inserter etc you have 2-3 bots costing the same as 30 small poles, that's assuming it's one bot per building. Even if they had a supply area similar to medium poles it's still more expensive.

So yeah, they'd have to be very cheap to make to outweigh electric poles.

Cybervantyz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Cybervantyz »

That robots, if implemented, must be really large and heavy, and must require some landing site as well.
Just take a look at basic accumulator - how much it stores, how mush space takes and what is it's costs.
Then multiply cost by 10 and divide charge by 10 - you will get parameters of that mobile flying accumulator, "power robot".
In real life, if you have a flying drone, just try to power your 2 kW electric pot with drone's battery.

Another way - mobile (rolling, floating or flying) electric power generators. Nuclear submarines, for example, are able to power up small cities with their reactors. But that vehicles also must be relatively (compared to stationary solutions) large, heavy and costly.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”