Suggestion: Trains can have permanent orders that doesn't change regardless of station renaming.

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Maraxus
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Suggestion: Trains can have permanent orders that doesn't change regardless of station renaming.

Post by Maraxus »

TM.JPG
TM.JPG (62.33 KiB) Viewed 636 times
The picture show part of my train-mall delivery system. Every train has an order to go from the mall to the station 'Build' when their cargo is requested in a constant combinator connected to the circuit network. Once the train has arrived at the station it can be sent back by removing the signal from the constant combinator.

The challenge arises when I then rename the 'Build' station, and all the train orders change. I can get around it by deconstructing the station and placing it again, but I'd much rather have a 'do not change train orders when any of the stations in order list are renamed' option in the order gui instead.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Suggestion: Trains can have permanent orders that doesn't change regardless of station renaming.

Post by ssilk »

Phuuu, honestly I’m pulled back and forth.
On one side I think “why??” On the other side, yes, that is sometimes practical.

But only sometimes. And seen from that direction I think this is a super seldom use-case...which can be worked around as described. So I don’t think this will be implemented, but it would be a super simple mod-suggestion (I would call it “train stop mover” or something like that).
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Olacken
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Suggestion: Trains can have permanent orders that doesn't change regardless of station renaming.

Post by Olacken »

Or you could place a station called "build" somhere that isn't connected to the rest of you train network so there would always be a station with the name build and when you rename your build station it wouldn't change the shedule of your trains

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”