personal transport bot

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

varundevan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

personal transport bot

Post by varundevan »

the current means of transport such as car is useful in the initial stages of the game, and the tank is good for combat.
once the map gets bigger and bigger , it is not a convenient way to get from one place to another, or to explore places.

I would to suggest a research of a personal hovering transport bot, with some combat capabilities to transport the player from point to point.
it would also be great if the player is able to summon the bot to player's location.

This could be one of the top tier science research like nuclear.
suggestions are welcome.
Last edited by varundevan on Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

MassiveDynamic
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: hovering personal transport pod

Post by MassiveDynamic »

Oooh! Like the Helicopter mod.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

TBH the exoskeletton in the power armor just fits perfectly that need for me.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

I just noticed that all google results for "hoverboard" have been hijacked by those pesky little things two wheels that don't hover at all :|. Have to search for "hoverboard scifi" to get anything decent.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

varundevan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by varundevan »

eradicator wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:05 am
I just noticed that all google results for "hoverboard" have been hijacked by those pesky little things two wheels that don't hover at all :|. Have to search for "hoverboard scifi" to get anything decent.
lets just say , like an UFO.
that would be good to visualize. :)

Memesicle Kickflip
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Memesicle Kickflip »

and it uses the old robot graphic
hold my beacon

Nemo4809
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Nemo4809 »

Just got the funny idea where your mobile armor's construction bots carry you all over the factory.

They can lift turrets and walls. Surely they can lift us.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

Nemo4809 wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:08 pm
Just got the funny idea where your mobile armor's construction bots carry you all over the factory.

Now i get it. The OP made a typo and meant "personal transport BOT" not pod. Surely one could mount a skateboard on top of one of those. :D.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

netmand
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by netmand »

I can see it now, they implement the hovercraft per this request. It's fast and hovers over water even! but the steering is worse than an automobile and takes longer to stop than a tank. Oh yeah, and if you get out over water you die.

varundevan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by varundevan »

eradicator wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:54 pm
Nemo4809 wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:08 pm

Now i get it. The OP made a typo and meant "personal transport BOT" not pod. Surely one could mount a skateboard on top of one of those. :D.
changed , thanks

varundevan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by varundevan »

netmand wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:21 pm
I can see it now, they implement the hovercraft per this request. It's fast and hovers over water even! but the steering is worse than an automobile and takes longer to stop than a tank. Oh yeah, and if you get out over water you die.
steering can not be similar to an automobile, it has to different, start and stop can be like bots
you don't have to die , you can swim.
:)

varundevan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by varundevan »

Memesicle Kickflip wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:19 am
and it uses the old robot graphic
:D may be with some better graphics

Nemo4809
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: hovering personal transport bot

Post by Nemo4809 »

varundevan wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:41 am
I would to suggest a research of a personal hovering transport bot, with some combat capabilities to transport the player from point to point.
it would also be great if the player is able to summon the bot to player's location.
Or "hardpoints" for the mobile armor. You can use the current construction bots in your suit - 4 will do - who will pick you up via those hardpoints on your shoulders and hips.

Requirements for operation:
  • at least 1 fusion reactor,
  • at least 1 personal roboport, and
  • 4 (unoccupied) construction bots.
Power usage will be whatever power those 4 bots use to fly. Your flight speed will be your construction bot flight speed with whatever worker robot speed bonus you have managed to research.

You cannot access your mobile armor "attachment inventory" while you are flying - to prevent you from removing the fusion reactor and roboport.

Since you are guaranteed to have power (roboport and the 4 bots will have priority) it's impossible to run out of power mid-flight thus you never be forced to land in "no man's lands" like water or cliffs - and the game will prevent you from landing on such areas.

PS: I wonder if this is doable as mod. Will probably need some new graphics - just photoshop 4 bots (with charging glow) onto the player sprite I suppose.

varundevan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: hovering personal transport bot

Post by varundevan »

Nemo4809 wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:25 am
varundevan wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:41 am
Or "hardpoints" for the mobile armor. You can use the current construction bots in your suit - 4 will do - who will pick you up via those hardpoints on your shoulders and hips.

Requirements for operation:
  • at least 1 fusion reactor,
  • at least 1 personal roboport, and
  • 4 (unoccupied) construction bots.
Power usage will be whatever power those 4 bots use to fly. Your flight speed will be your construction bot flight speed with whatever worker robot speed bonus you have managed to research.

You cannot access your mobile armor "attachment inventory" while you are flying - to prevent you from removing the fusion reactor and roboport.

Since you are guaranteed to have power (roboport and the 4 bots will have priority) it's impossible to run out of power mid-flight thus you never be forced to land in "no man's lands" like water or cliffs - and the game will prevent you from landing on such areas.

PS: I wonder if this is doable as mod. Will probably need some new graphics - just photoshop 4 bots (with charging glow) onto the player sprite I suppose.
great thoughts
thanks for sharing

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: personal transport bot

Post by ssilk »

Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Nemo4809
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: personal transport bot

Post by Nemo4809 »

ssilk wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:25 pm
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/jetpack
IMHO it's not as cool as having 4 glowing construction bots carry you around. :mrgreen:

We can actually merge the 2 ideas. Hovering and construction bot speed movement only cost electricity. You can turn on afterburners to go at train speeds but you will need rocket fuel.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”