Disable construction near enemies/fire

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Robot repairs / builds disable on attacks - Save (construction) robots from their doomed fate!

Post by Ranakastrasz »

At a thought, use the same logic as character health regeneration. If damage is taken, wait x time before repairs are permitted. Say 10-30 seconds after the most recent damage.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Illiander42
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Robot repairs / builds disable on attacks - Save (construction) robots from their doomed fate!

Post by Illiander42 »

MartenM wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:49 am
Illiander42 wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 4:01 am
MartenM wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:37 pm
pleegwat wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:36 pm
Somehow I feel the solution to this should involve the circuit network.
If it would be possible to detect 'an attack' in a given area of a roboport this could maybe be done using circuits properly. However this would mean you have to take out the repair packs from the roboport, which is a bit cumbersome too.
It is possible (but very, very clumbersome) to detect when turrets fire currently.
A lot is possible, but most solutions feel tacky and more like hacks or are just not practical at all.
Not really at the quality level of an engineer who launches a rocket.
True. It takes a lot of wiring to detect when gun turrets fire, a bit of wiring for flame turrets, and a whole heap of mess for laser turrets.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Disable construction near enemies/fire

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Merged into older thread with same suggestion.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

hurricup
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Disable construction near enemies/fire

Post by hurricup »

Currently it looks really stupid that robots trying to put a landmine into a fire (i have an outpost with FT and roboport intended to repair the outpost after attack). Bugs are coming, landmines stunning them, FT burningn them. And then - robots try to replace the mine from stash. And they are explode while arming. Not sure about internal architecture, but fire presenting on the tile should prevent construction robots from attempts to build on them. Feels pretty simple.

And ideally, would be nice to be able to read inactivity time from the turrets to be able to automate this.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”