2 QoL improvements regarding construction spidertrons

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

PHOENIX147
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

2 QoL improvements regarding construction spidertrons

Post by PHOENIX147 »

1. A toggle switch perhaps to keep the spidertron's trunk sorted, or some other form of feature to draw items from the smallest stack first and deposit into the largest. I find it annoying having split stacks clogging up the inventory and having to manually filter it every few trips.
2. A toggle in the logistics menu to automatically trash items not present in the logistics slots - similar to the 'delete excess items' button found in infinity chests. Having to manually set logistics to 0 for every item in the game every different game is very tedious.

selplacei
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: 2 QoL improvements regarding construction spidertrons

Post by selplacei »

I second this. While the second idea is just QOL and technically can be achieved in the current game (would be amazing to have it anyway), the lack of auto-sorting doesn't make sense for an entity that can use construction robots - a lot of the spider's inventory gets clogged by unstacked items (even if you filter most slots) leaving it unable to deconstruct things or even accept some items from the logistic network.

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

+1
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

djnautilus
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by djnautilus »

bump
I also mocked up the perfect place to put the option.

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xorimuth »

I agree that spidertrons should be auto sorted. Seeing as they aren't, the next best thing is my mod here :D : https://mods.factorio.com/mod/SpidertronEnhancements
My mods
Content: Lunar Landings | Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”