MoMods: CoreMod Downloads

Some mods covering weather, texture packs, transport, wind-turbine, reactor, interesting weapons and defense.

Moderator: ludsoe

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.9.X] MoMods

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

When you fix the soundfiles almost every mod is working in 0.10.0.

darius456
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by darius456 »

10 cents from me... I think that accumulator is too cheap and little overpowered. I suggest to reduce it's capacity and input/output power by 50% and little increase it's price. By the way whatis max power output for wind turbine? Is the wind turbine power output change over time or wind speed or it's constant?

I have found this:

Code: Select all

local energy = game.windspeed*100000
but turbine output power was constant for more then 2 game days... Don't check later. By the way it doesn't spin.
Lenovo Y580 8GB Ram GF660m 128GB SSD W7

Schmendrick
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Schmendrick »

Wind speed doesn't change in vanilla, but I'm pretty sure (/hopeful) that this will change.

There's always MoWeather... :)
Like my mods? Check out another! Or see older, pre-0.12.0 mods.

darius456
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by darius456 »

Schmendrick wrote:Wind speed doesn't change in vanilla, but I'm pretty sure (/hopeful) that this will change.

There's always MoWeather... :)
Thx, will instal MoWether.

ludsoe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.10.X] MoMods

Post by ludsoe »

Sorry guys, I've been quite busy recently. But I updated all the MoMods to work with 0.10.0

Talguy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Talguy »

Talguy wrote:MoCombat 0.1.9 doesn't work with Factorio 0.10.

I found out that I needed to update file paths for sounds to even load factorio. In particular, death sounds of creepers are moved by factorio devs, and all sounds are now in ogg vorbis format.
Schermafbeelding 2014-06-09 om 16.17.20.PNG
Schermafbeelding 2014-06-09 om 16.17.02.PNG
I haven't tested any further at the moment, however other mods in the momods package do not trigger errors while loading the game.
Sorry guys, I've been quite busy recently. But I updated all the MoMods to work with 0.10.0
Did you update the links to mocombat.zip /mopack.zip? They are both listing mocombat version 0.1.9 and I just overwrote my changed files (no biggy tho :D )

LittleMikey
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by LittleMikey »

MoCombat seems to be crashing for me. I get an error about a creeper death sound not being found.

darius456
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by darius456 »

I have found cross mod incompatibility. In my mod Anvanced Equipment is clock, that indicates in game time. When im using MoWeather this clock is no longer usable, because Your mod take control over the game.daytime variable. Do you store somewhere current day time to prevent loss of information about the day and night. If so, is it possible to my mod use this information to calculate current time?

ludsoe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ludsoe »

LittleMikey wrote:MoCombat seems to be crashing for me. I get an error about a creeper death sound not being found.
Please update MoCombat again, And make sure your using 0.10 factorio atlease.

darius456 wrote:I have found cross mod incompatibility. In my mod Anvanced Equipment is clock, that indicates in game time. When im using MoWeather this clock is no longer usable, because Your mod take control over the game.daytime variable. Do you store somewhere current day time to prevent loss of information about the day and night. If so, is it possible to my mod use this information to calculate current time?
Sorry, but I don't store a easy to use variable that you can calculate the time of day with, however in this new update I just pushed I've added a way to grab the time left on the current "Day Event". Currently there are two Day Events, one for day and one for night.

--Returns the time left in the current day event, in seconds.
local TimeLeft=remote.call("MoWeather", "daytimeleft")
--Returns the name of the current day event.
local EventName=remote.call("MoWeather", "curtimename")
The Day event is 10 Minutes long(600 seconds), and the Night event is 4 Minutes Long(240 seconds).
Ill be willing to change these numbers around, and add more script interfaces to allow better cross mod compatibility.

darius456
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by darius456 »

ludsoe wrote:
LittleMikey wrote:MoCombat seems to be crashing for me. I get an error about a creeper death sound not being found.

darius456 wrote:I have found cross mod incompatibility. In my mod Anvanced Equipment is clock, that indicates in game time. When im using MoWeather this clock is no longer usable, because Your mod take control over the game.daytime variable. Do you store somewhere current day time to prevent loss of information about the day and night. If so, is it possible to my mod use this information to calculate current time?
Sorry, but I don't store a easy to use variable that you can calculate the time of day with, however in this new update I just pushed I've added a way to grab the time left on the current "Day Event". Currently there are two Day Events, one for day and one for night.

--Returns the time left in the current day event, in seconds.
local TimeLeft=remote.call("MoWeather", "daytimeleft")
--Returns the name of the current day event.
local EventName=remote.call("MoWeather", "curtimename")
The Day event is 10 Minutes long(600 seconds), and the Night event is 4 Minutes Long(240 seconds).
Ill be willing to change these numbers around, and add more script interfaces to allow better cross mod compatibility.

So am I right, that you take full control over the day and night, and day take 10minutes and night take 4min, but the game.daytime is used to set proper light. I assume that whole day is 10+4=14min long then I will recalculate day from 24h to 14min and everything should be ok. Please tell me is there remote.call... nighttimeleft?

ludsoe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ludsoe »

The remote.call for daytimeleft just tells you how long before it switches between day/night. Use the curtimename remote.call to differentiate between which one it currently is. And yes, a full cycle should take 14 mins.

darius456
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by darius456 »

ludsoe wrote:The remote.call for daytimeleft just tells you how long before it switches between day/night. Use the curtimename remote.call to differentiate between which one it currently is. And yes, a full cycle should take 14 mins.

local moweather_timeleft = remote.call("MoWeather", "daytimeleft")
Return value < 0. Don't know why?
daytimeleft = 0.1 Night
daytimeleft = 0.083 Night
daytimeleft = 0.066 Night
daytimeleft = 0.05 Night
daytimeleft = 0.033 Night
daytimeleft = 0.016 Night
daytimeleft = 0 Night
daytimeleft = -0.016 Night
daytimeleft = -0.033 Night
daytimeleft = -0.05 Night
daytimeleft = -0.066 Night
daytimeleft = -0.083 Night
daytimeleft = -0.1 Night
daytimeleft = 599,983 Day
daytimeleft = 599,966 Day

CreeperDaReeper
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by CreeperDaReeper »

ludsoe wrote:
ludsoe, I'm getting the same error as LittleMikey. I know for a fact that I'm using the latest version of both Factorio & MoCombat.
MoCombat Error

Talguy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Talguy »

This is the fix if you want to do it yourself:

prototypes/lweps/items.lua

prototypes/aliens/enemies.lua
I've said the same thing on page 5, ludsoe said he fixed it but I think he accidentally just uploaded mocombat 0.1.9 or maybe he forgot to update the download links.
Last edited by Talguy on Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CreeperDaReeper
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Talguy wrote: - snip -
Thanks! That fixed one issue. However:
Now this happens.

Rahjital
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Rahjital »

Note that just changing the creeper death sound from .wav to .ogg is not enough, as the sounds are in a different directory in 0.10. Simply change the "__base__/sound/creeper-death-1.ogg" to "__base__/sound/creatures/creeper-death-1.ogg" and do the same with the rest of the sounds.

CreeperDaReeper
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Rahjital wrote:Note that just changing the creeper death sound from .wav to .ogg is not enough, as the sounds are in a different directory in 0.10. Simply change the "__base__/sound/creeper-death-1.ogg" to "__base__/sound/creatures/creeper-death-1.ogg" and do the same with the rest of the sounds.
And thats what I get for not paying better attention. Thanks again for dealing with my idiocy.

Talguy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Talguy »

CreeperDaReeper wrote: [...]
And thats what I get for not paying better attention. Thanks again for dealing with my idiocy.
This is why I posted the changes in diff format :D

ludsoe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ludsoe »

Hey guys, Just pushed a update out for MoCombat. It adds a new rescue ranger weapon.
Also I tweaked MoWeather's sounds to fit more inline with the ambient sounds factorio has.
(I'm aware that in 0.10.3 the rain from MoWeather animates weirdly. This is something wrong on factorios end.)

And finally I changed MologicCore's license thingy, to hopefully encourage people to use it more.

Maddie
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Maddie »

0.10.X MOTRANSPORT CONCEPT

At first I really liked this mod.
I was building a moat (?) (a ring of water) around my base using the Landfill mod.
However I needed a quick way to get to the other side, so I downloaded this mod to get a boat.
As I discovered the mod made it so I was able to cross shallow water without the need for a boat. However,
this also made the monsters able to cross my moat, which kinda ruins its purpose.
I have tried removing the mod again, but the monsters and I can still walk on the water.

Is there any way to fix this, and if not a way to make me unable to walk on water again?

Return to “MoMods”